Casey Anthony trial or mistrial?

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Casey Anthony trial or mistrial?

Judge Perry is tough.....Not sure Biaz is the attorney for this case, might be above his little head! Guess Chaney Mason will keep him straight!....The ole boy is fascinated with this case....Seems like a no-brain-er for me, Casey obviously wanted to party and unfortunately little Caley suffered the horrific decision of chloroform....Casey also cannot tell the truth....I also think that Cindy and George are also victims, they obviously loved their grand-child...Sure glad I'm not on the jury....Was sure that TV was on the short list of jury selection...
Old 05-11-2011, 04:10 PM

I am loving the way Judge Perry is handling things so far. He's keeping things moving along, yet being sympathetic to potential jurors who would have a hardship serving on this trial. He also seems to have a great sense of humor, but I wouldn't want to be the attorney who challenges him - here come da judge!!
Wish we could save the taxpayers some money on this one and Casey just take a plea of life with no parole. Let her spend her days with women who miss their children terribly and they will make her life hell.
Anybody know if cameras are going to be allowed in the trial itself, not just jury selection?
Old 05-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,355 Times in 2,392 Posts

I am just getting very tired of hearing about it 24 hours a day.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Veteran member

I think that they will convict her, and that because of the evidence of the duct tape on or near the remains, which can only indicate premeditation of Caley's death, (ie, not just some tragic accident, where Casey had intended, with chloroform, to sedate but not to kill) she will get the death penalty, unless some sort of defense such as diminished capacity can save her from the death penalty. And yes, it is a shame if for nothing other than the parents of Casey, who are suffering such a double tragedy, that some plea agreement couldn't be worked out.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Veteran member

It has been on-going for so long now. Haven't they fried her yet?
Old 05-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

and the state of FLA (which is you and I if you are a resident of FLA) has spent millions of $ so far and the case hasn't even made it to trial, how many more millions of $ will ultimately be spent, something is very wrong with this picture....gn
Old 05-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Gold member

I wonder how many proposals of marriage she's gotten so far?

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 05-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I am currently in Canada, and we're not getting any Casey Anthony coverage here. I don't even get Nancy Grace (a fact that pleases Fireboy immensely). Is there a good on-line source for Florida news? I know I could google Casey Anthony, but a billion sites would come up. I'd rather ask the TOTVers here for a site they recommend.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Eternal Member

Bare -
Perhaps orlandosentinal.com,CNN.com/casey
or http://www.cayleedaily.com which I just found in search (maybe TMI!)

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:46 AM
Veteran member

Two local tv stations carry live stream of the jury selection and will be carrying the trial live.

www.wesh.com
www.wftv.com

Either 8:30 or 9:00 this morning will be the start of today's proceedings of jury selection. They still want the opening statements to start on Tuesday May 17th.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I am currently in Canada, and we're not getting any Casey Anthony coverage here. I don't even get Nancy Grace (a fact that pleases Fireboy immensely). Is there a good on-line source for Florida news? I know I could google Casey Anthony, but a billion sites would come up. I'd rather ask the TOTVers here for a site they recommend.
It is being followed on CourtTV in real time. Helene is giving us reports up here in Cincinnati.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Thumbs down amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
who really cares what happens to this brainless twit? I guess it must be watched by the fans of "Real Wives"
Old 05-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default The media has been working overtime

I'm sure that cases like this occur all over the nation but THIS ONE is the media's "baby" and they are not giving it up! They keep comparing to OJ case but it isn't even close!....Orange County is paying the price for this "twit" and I couldn't agree more with "bogie shooter" and "golfnut"....I'm sure glad that they didn't pick jurors from TV....How can anyone NOT form an opinion about this case with all the media coverage!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I've never understood the media hype about cases like this. News that a child is missing, yes. News that the body has been found and an arrest made, yes. The continuous, non-stop assault, NO. How can anyone get a fair trial with coverage like this?

Personally, I still think the death was accidental. My theory (and it is strictly a theory) is that Casey chlorofomred her daughter so she could go out. The duct tape was probably put on to keep the toddler quiet until she fell completely asleep. Sadly, too much chloroform was given, the little one died and Casey panicked. Ugly, yes. Tragic, most definitely. Murder warranting the death penalty, I don't think so. The prosecutor may regret hanging everything on first degree murder - barring public/juror outrage, it may be hard to prove this was deliberate.

In the meantime, several fortunes are being spent to try this case. Money that could be used to help other children, people in need. Thiis makes me very angry. If the media had let the case drop, this case would cost half of what it is costing and there would be no need to go to several counties to find jurors.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

chloroform, duct tape, accidental death, all in the same post....? really redwitch, something wrong with this picture....gn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.