Casey Anthony trial or mistrial?

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

whoa is me, poor poor Casey, you've got to be kiddding, Caley would have been starting school in the fall, but then she won't be able to do that because her mother didn't want her, not sure what 30 years of working for attorneys has to do with this case, ah yes poor Casey, right Casey is the victim here...............gn
Old 06-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

I think that this case is a series of tragedies - and will also admit that Nancy Grace makes me ill, so I have only peripherally followed it.

The first tragedy is the Caylee was not given up for adoption. She would be starting school and she would be with a family that loved her, wanted her and treasured her. Casey's parents were irresponsible in forcing Casey to keep that child. Parenting is the toughest job in the world - and that is for those of us who wanted a family.

The second is that (presumably) her mother chloroformed her to get her to sleep. And that Casey is such a liar that it is hard to believe her at all.

There are also some really questionable issues here..

First of all, the duct tape. I think it is may have been used by Casey (and maybe George) to back up the story of "kidnapping." Has anything been said that the tape was definitely used while Caylee was alive?

Second, George and Cindy - their stories change with the wind also...

Thirdly, the body in the trunk. If Casey did such detailed research on chloroform, why would she not have planned how to dispose of the body? It seems that the body in the trunk is more consistent with accidental death from too much chloroform than with premeditated murder.

I think Casey is guilty of many things - but not premeditated murder....
Old 06-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Veteran member

That's my sense too - she was in way over her head with the parenting issues, and possibly there was some sort of accident as a result of what Casey did, and Caylee died as a result of negligence. But with all of Casey's lies, I expect no one will ever know the true story. Casey should either have never had the child, or else should have put her up for adoption. What a tragedy - so many lives ruined.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt;353***
I wonder how many proposals of marriage she's gotten so far?

John
Old 06-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Sage

She'll get even more once she's in a max security prison
Old 06-08-2011, 02:10 PM

I believe the prosecution's theory is that she used chloroform and duct tape to keep the child quiet so she could go out dancing and partying. I haven't followed the trial too closely, but early on with Cindy Anthony on the stand, the defense pointed out that Cindy received six phone calls at work from Casey on June 16th in a 15 minute period around 4pm.... something that was not normal for Casey to do. I have not heard any more about this, but if this is fact, in my opinion, this could be the timeframe when something happened to the child. This would put the timeframe of the "incident" way before dancing and partying at night.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

rw, how does 30 years of working for an attorney help you analyze this case versus the rest of us...........gn
Old 06-09-2011, 07:47 PM

Am I the only one that is leaning towards the pre-mediatated murder? Even if she did chloroform that little girl to party, which I don't think happened by the testimony so far, when you duct tape around and around and around her mouth - doesn't that sound like murder to you? It wasn't just a little piece of duct tape - we saw the pictures today and it was a lot. I think she was tired of it all - her daughter, her mother and being a grown-up with responsibilities. She put her little girl out with chloroform and suffocated her, on purpose. According to the news tonight, her "illness" today is suspect, too. She has seen all these pictures before and could have asked not to be present for today's proceedings with the gruesome pictures. She chose to be there to cry all day before the jury to try to gain sympathy. She ain't getting none from me.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

HUH? . Has there been some posts deleted? Who worked in an attorneys office? Who said that about proposals of marriage? I reread this thread twice...what is missing?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Veteran member

There are two threads on the Anthony trial; maybe people are thinking of something posted on the other thread.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

come on gg, you reread the post twice, reread again post #28 for rw's comment on working 30 years for an attorney, and post #7 for the comment on marriage proposals, you must have reread the post early in the morning b4 coffee....gn

Last edited by golfnut; 06-13-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
gg, reread post #28 for rw's comment on working 30 tears for an attorney....gn
I'm gonna cry, cry, cry, cry
96 tears.

Sorry Golfnut, couldn't resist.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Email Reported As Spam

On HLN they were discussing the Anthony case. A female prosecutor said that there is testimony that Casey while sleeping with her boyfriend was disturbed by Casey and left with her cam back alone and went back to bed. this happened twice and she did not take her to her parents house. The prosecutor ask "where did she take her?"
Old 06-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member

good catch Pt, i fixed it, now it's up to GG to figure out what the heck we're talking about....gn
Old 06-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

rubicon, i'm having trouble understanding what you're saying, is it just me....gn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.