Vespa Scooters

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Gold member
Default Vespa Scooters

My question is twofold.
When we move to TV, my husband and I are considering eliminating one car, buying a 4 person golf cart, and 1-2 Vespa Scooters. That said, my questions.

1. Are 4 person golf cars that switch between holding clubs and people comfortable for the people? We would want to use it to play golf and cart friends.

2. We've thought for a long time that the Vespa scooter would be fun in retirement...we didn't see any in TV and I wonder why. It seems they would work well there. Would they?
Old 12-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: Vespa Scooters

S&T, there's a scooter club and if I'm not mistaken, there's also a Vespa club. You see many Vespas all over TV. George
Old 12-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Gold member

Excellent! Thanks George, I guess we must have missed them. This is going to be so much fun
Old 12-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Sage

SusanTom:

I am also considering buying a Vespa scooter and am looking at the Aprilia Mojito 150 cc model. Aprilia is owned by Piaggio, the same company that owns Vespa and costs less than a 150 cc Vespa while using the same dealers as Vespa.

There is a dealer in Leesburg and there is one in St Pete that sella on ebay.

http://www.apriliausa.com/modelli/sc...txt.asp?id=118
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-02-2007, 01:41 AM
Gold member

Thanks Chuckinca, I checked out the Mojito I like the name, as much as I like the look. Very cool. We will have to give it a look-see also. What led you to this brand vs Vespa models? Price or features?
Old 12-02-2007, 03:41 AM
Sage

We were in Italy in October and scooters were everywhere and it started me thinking about getting a scooter when I retire at the end of next year. Years ago I had a Honda 90 cc small motorcycle and it was great transportation in a city environment so I started looking for something about the same engine size and saw an ebay ad for the 150 cc Mojito. It sure looks nice, the price isn't as expensive as the Vespa and has a dealer in Leesburg. I hope the dealer has one in stock when we are in town in January so I can take a test drive.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-02-2007, 03:48 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

We have a Baccio (Chinese made) that my daughter and I really like. You'll see a lot of scooters here although I haven't noticed that many Vespas. Being the cheap witch I am, I can't see paying the price of a Vespa when you can get some really good deals on other scooters. Even if they were to only last half as long as a Vespa, they'd still be a good deal.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Gold member

Speaking of scooters...... Just before I resigned my position to move to the Villages I won a Honda Metropolitan at a company picnic. We had been thinking of bringing 2 cars, that decision was changed when I won the scooter. Now we have a car, a scooter, and soon a 4 person golf cart. Just the perfect combination we think.
I see lots of scooters around, you must have been thinking homes etc, and not focusing on the scooter population.
Hope to see you riding by real soon. :bigthumbsup:
Old 12-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Gold member

You are probably right Beady, I was focused on homes and lifestyle around the Squares. I too hope you see us riding by soon. Got to sell the "big house" first so that we can move the the "fun house". And then...I can hardly wait.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.