Sprinkler System

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2020, 05:44 PM
Default Sprinkler System

Sprinkler Pop-Up Bodies.

I am a new resident of Marsh Bend.
I have been trying to educate myself about the Hunter Sprinkler System that has been installed by our builder.

I am considering changing the Installed Sprinkler Pop-Up Bodies from the installed Hunter PS Ultra 4”, PN: PSU04 with the upgraded Pro-Spray PRS40, PN: PROS-04-PRS40-CV.

The PS Ultra is the least expensive, the good thing is we are using MP Sprinkler heads.

Downside is the PS Ultra is not designed for MP sprinkler heads and standard springs, along with not having any of these other features: CO-MOLDED WIPER SEAL, PRESSURE REGULATION, FLOGUARD™ TECHNOLOGY, HIGH TRAFFIC AREAS, RECLAIMED WATER, FACTORY-INSTALLED CHECK VALVE OPTION.

The PRO-SPRAY PRS40 is designed to use the MP Sprinkler heads and has all of these features: Heavy Duty Spring, CO-Molded wiper seal, Reclaimed cap, Pressure Regulation, FOGUARD Technology, Turfgrass, Turfgrass-Tall mowing height, High traffic areas, Reclaimed Water, Factory Installed Check Valve.

Has anyone used these sprinkler bodies?

I am open to thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks
Old 06-27-2020, 05:51 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Why not wait until you need to replace individual units? They all do the same work. Some may last longer. But at least get the initial life from the builder installed units.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,149 Times in 2,248 Posts

I agree with above, just went through replacing the first 2 sprinkler bodies on a 7 year old home (36 sprinklers). One had a below grade crack, the other was hit by lawn mower. Also, I have only had to replace 5 or 6 of the actual spray heads.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

You also might want to visit the Hunter site. We have a neighbor (engineering kinda guy) who did and until he was done he was certified by Hunter on their systems. He now has access to their next level of technical support and WE are glad he does....

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-28-2020, 02:53 PM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadsGarage View Post
Sprinkler Pop-Up Bodies.

I am a new resident of Marsh Bend.
I have been trying to educate myself about the Hunter Sprinkler System that has been installed by our builder.

I am considering changing the Installed Sprinkler Pop-Up Bodies from the installed Hunter PS Ultra 4”, PN: PSU04 with the upgraded Pro-Spray PRS40, PN: PROS-04-PRS40-CV.

The PS Ultra is the least expensive, the good thing is we are using MP Sprinkler heads.

Downside is the PS Ultra is not designed for MP sprinkler heads and standard springs, along with not having any of these other features: CO-MOLDED WIPER SEAL, PRESSURE REGULATION, FLOGUARD™ TECHNOLOGY, HIGH TRAFFIC AREAS, RECLAIMED WATER, FACTORY-INSTALLED CHECK VALVE OPTION.

The PRO-SPRAY PRS40 is designed to use the MP Sprinkler heads and has all of these features: Heavy Duty Spring, CO-Molded wiper seal, Reclaimed cap, Pressure Regulation, FOGUARD Technology, Turfgrass, Turfgrass-Tall mowing height, High traffic areas, Reclaimed Water, Factory Installed Check Valve.

Has anyone used these sprinkler bodies?

I am open to thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks
FYI whatever you as the homeowner does to new builder installed items on your home may void warranty on anything such as cutting into your roof, painting inside or outside, electrical, plumbing...

Just something to ponder. 1 year warranty on most everything, some 2 or more.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Be good to mention what type of yard you have? Grass or rock or combination of both? If you have rock spray nozzle pop ups are IMO bad choice? you water more of the rocks than you do the plants.

I would fine tune Times and adjust the pop ups provided Where I don’t spray the driveway, street, house Or my neighbors property. Then I would watch each station and determine amount time so don’t have huge runoff and water mostly the street drain.

If I had lot of rock In my yard I would pin point the pop up spray where I mostly water the plants and not the rocks. In some cases they have dripper lines I would run drippers to plants so the water watering the plant and not the rocks and cut off the pop-ups.

Now if you got to replace the pop ups you have I would be comparing the size of the line fitting see if it the same size as pop ups you want to install. I would also compare the operating pressure required for line and how may pop ups the line pressure can support.

As we know line pressure drops in neighborhoods due to amount of people watering at the same time so I would check pressure in mornings evenings, and early or later at time I want to water. This also can very on Different days Depending on who or how many watering on that day.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 06-28-2020 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:56 PM

Thanks all.
All good information.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:32 AM

Good Morning, On larger areas I've installed at least 100 of the Hunter 32SA's. Great range adjustment, 40 to 360 degree coveage, gear driven, .5" female thread fits right on your underground pipe. I've never had one fail over the past four years.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

you have the option of having the installer send someone over to adjust the heads that you have....if you haven't done this call the Warranty Department ....you have a year to do this.

I'm fine with the original equipment....it's just damn grass...as long as it's green I'm good. But if trying to have the absolute very best lawn on the street is your thing...then by all means, go have some fun and re-engineer the system
Closed Thread

Tags
sprinkler, installed, reclaimed, heads, ultra

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.