CDC Posting new Delta Evidence tomorrow - Friday, 07/30/2021

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2021, 05:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
CDC has announced that it will be presenting more information on the Delta variant and more details on the recent findings that more people who are fully vaccinated are getting infected by the Delta variant than originally thought.

However, at this point, they are still not saying those vaccinated that get the Delta are at risk of dying. We will see more tomorrow.

This is known as science - as more is know things change, recommendations change, and projections change.

Hopefully they will have good news, or at least more knowns than unknowns, but we will see what they say tomorrow.

abcnews: cdc-mask decision and findings at Cape Cod Beach
We'll see. I am however a bit skeptical. 3 days ago they made a controversial decision re: masks in the vaccinated and drew criticism from around the country. So now they are going to magically present "the proof". The director of the CDC, quoted in the article you referenced, said this:

"Information on the delta variants from several states and other countries, indicate that in rare occasion some vaccinated people infected with a delta variant after vaccination may be contagious and spread the virus to others," she added. "This new science is worrisome and unfortunately warrants an update to our recommendation."

So if the situation is much worse than she indicated in that statement, I'm interested in how she can walk that back just 3 days later. Hmmm.....
Old 07-30-2021, 05:56 AM

We are doomed as a society.

We get our vaccines. It means nothing. Wow

Old geezers in their 80s and near 80 - tell us one day - ‘no mask’ - then, tell us ‘must mask’…then tell us ‘no mask’…. then ‘must mask’.. wow - just wow wow wow

How enthusiastic will people be to go out and get the next vaccine?

Our society is screwed. We will go back to a shut down - our youth will not be educated - businesses will start closing again - there will be no hope - most of us in the sunset of our lives will die much sooner than we would have - motivation to live - family, friends, purpose ……. gone. Churches will be shut - again. Social events will be closed. Think of what our society will look like - 20-30 years from now? My heart goes out to our youth. A few old geezers in high places telling us if we don’t stay isolated indoors and wear masks - we will get really sick and die. You mean - if I wear a mask and stay indoors - I won’t have to go to hospital and I won’t die until I am 100? My gut tells me no - but heck, what do I know - I have only lived life for 70 years.…

In my 70+ years on this earth did we put a halt to living because we were afraid to get sick or die? We - as humans - existed because we were placed here to help people get thru those times when they did get sick or injured …… it was humans that made things better thru think and thin (living life - being educated, being innovative, working, sitting next to other humans holding their hand and sharing a smile - giving others the motivation to go on) —-humans doing the wonderful things only humans can do - that prolonged life and delayed death.

I was never taught to retreat and give up. Living life - with all it’s pain and glory is what makes us stronger …..
Old 07-30-2021, 05:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiesrgreat@gmail.com View Post
We are doomed as a society.

We get our vaccines. It means nothing. Wow

Old geezers in their 80s and near 80 - tell us one day - ‘no mask’ - then, tell us ‘must mask’…then tell us ‘no mask’…. then ‘must mask’.. wow - just wow wow wow

How enthusiastic will people be to go out and get the next vaccine?

Our society is screwed. We will go back to a shut down - our youth will not be educated - businesses will start closing again - there will be no hope - most of us in the sunset of our lives will die much sooner than we would have - motivation to live - family, friends, purpose ……. gone. Churches will be shut - again. Social events will be closed. Think of what our society will look like - 20-30 years from now? My heart goes out to our youth. A few old geezers in high places telling us if we don’t stay isolated indoors and wear masks - we will get really sick and die. You mean - if I wear a mask and stay indoors - I won’t have to go to hospital and I won’t die until I am 100? My gut tells me no - but heck, what do I know - I have only lived life for 70 years.…

In my 70+ years on this earth did we put a halt to living because we were afraid to get sick or die? We - as humans - existed because we were placed here to help people get thru those times when they did get sick or injured …… it was humans that made things better thru think and thin (living life - being educated, being innovative, working, sitting next to other humans holding their hand and sharing a smile - giving others the motivation to go on) —-humans doing the wonderful things only humans can do - that prolonged life and delayed death.

I was never taught to retreat and give up. Living life - with all it’s pain and glory is what makes us stronger …..
Very optomistic!

So when do the four horsemen arrive???
Old 07-30-2021, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothyimitchell View Post
Fact: The P C R test is not effective. It cannot decipher flu from the China virus.

Fact: The vaccine does not work.
Medical Degree from Q University. That will be $29.95 please.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:14 AM

I have read most of the posts on this with dismay.
The OP was only pointing readers to where more up to date info can be found.
I’m a Brit who cannot visit our home in TV at the moment - but I am free of US political views. I don’t pretend to understand the rights under your constitution.
However, every country in the world is faced with striking a balance between individual rights and what is best for all citizens.
It’s not an easy balance and we in the UK struggle just as you do in the US.
The main difference is that most UK citizens accept that we are in exceptional times and therefore accept certain limitations on our liberties at present. Once we return to a more normal lifestyle our government will not be able to interfere as they are now doing. The people have not been influenced by political factors or politicians but by what is the best science at the time. That is what the OP was indicating readers towards.

The common good has largely replaced self interest in the UK.
I hate wearing a mask but do for that common good, knowing I may be saving someone else’s life.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:14 AM
Veteran member

Let's hope maybe the CDC corrects the numbers?

The data coming out of Isreal is that the Vax protects against severe disease and hospitalization at high levels still, clearly due to a T-cell response. Against infection and symptoms it's much less effective and it seems to be a function of time. I.E. Those who got the Vax in January are much more likely to have a breakthrough case and the odds of not getting it improve the more recent you got Vaxx. Clearly this is the result of circulating antibodies fading over time. Breakthrough however is something like 60%, rather than the original 10% for the earliest Vaxxed.

The great news is the mortality is way down.

https://www.gov.il/BlobFolder/report...week-27-EN.pdf
Old 07-30-2021, 06:18 AM

Quote:
CDC has announced that it will be presenting more information on the Delta variant and more details on the recent findings that more people who are fully vaccinated are getting infected by the Delta variant than originally thought.

However, at this point, they are still not saying those vaccinated that get the Delta are at risk of dying. We will see more tomorrow.

This is known as science - as more is know things change, recommendations change, and projections change.

Hopefully they will have good news, or at least more knowns than unknowns, but we will see what they say tomorrow.

abcnews: cdc-mask decision and findings at Cape Cod Beach
Thanks for the notice. For all who have commented about the gov, media, CDC, etc all I can say is go to a local hospital and see all the people who are extremely ill. Then make your decision based on the evidence you see. I do believe it is a personal decision about getting a shot but please wear a mask so your decision doesn’t effect others. I currently have a granddaughter who is gravely ill with COVID. That isn’t a lie the government made, it isn’t a media smear, it isn’t the CDC over reacting, it simply is a fact COVID is real.
Offutt AFB, NE—Wilton, ME
Kadena AFB, Okinawa—Eglin AFB, FL
Bergstrom AFB, TX.
RAF Welford, England.
Anderson AFB, Guam
Ramstein AB, Germany
Tallahassee, FL—Atlanta, GA
Old 07-30-2021, 06:19 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Better stock up on toilet paper and paper towels.
For sure. We about to get a load of s___ from the govern and the media. Be prepared to cleanup after them.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
Let's hope maybe the CDC corrects the numbers?

The data coming out of Isreal is that the Vax protects against severe disease and hospitalization at high levels still, clearly due to a T-cell response. Against infection and symptoms it's much less effective and it seems to be a function of time. I.E. Those who got the Vax in January are much more likely to have a breakthrough case and the odds of not getting it improve the more recent you got Vaxx. Clearly this is the result of circulating antibodies fading over time. Breakthrough however is something like 60%, rather than the original 10% for the earliest Vaxxed.

The great news is the mortality is way down.

https://www.gov.il/BlobFolder/report...week-27-EN.pdf
You bring up very valid point that has not been addressed yet. The original vaccine studies suggested that the immunity from the vaccine might be as short as 6-8 months, and therefore the talk about a booster. The people who got the vaccine first may have fading immunity at this point, especially against a more contagious variant. But I disagree that the breakthrough rate is 60%---It is about 1000x less than that (so far). Any source for that 60% number? (And not that one off from P-town that was reported as 74% of the new cases were vaccinated)
Old 07-30-2021, 06:31 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,201 Times in 463 Posts

Since the cdc and government are a pack of liars and the information is so contradictory, how can anyone put any faith in anything they say? Line up for your 10th booster please!
Old 07-30-2021, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
too difficult to separate the facts from the fiction on this one for me....

the powers to be have lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned (across the board I might add)
100% correct. I trust nobody anymore
Old 07-30-2021, 06:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raywatkins View Post
I have read most of the posts on this with dismay.
The OP was only pointing readers to where more up to date info can be found.
I’m a Brit who cannot visit our home in TV at the moment - but I am free of US political views. I don’t pretend to understand the rights under your constitution.
However, every country in the world is faced with striking a balance between individual rights and what is best for all citizens.
It’s not an easy balance and we in the UK struggle just as you do in the US.
The main difference is that most UK citizens accept that we are in exceptional times and therefore accept certain limitations on our liberties at present. Once we return to a more normal lifestyle our government will not be able to interfere as they are now doing. The people have not been influenced by political factors or politicians but by what is the best science at the time. That is what the OP was indicating readers towards.

The common good has largely replaced self interest in the UK.
I hate wearing a mask but do for that common good, knowing I may be saving someone else’s life.
Thank you for your post. That is exactly the problem in the USA, too many are not willing to put country over self.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Since that has absolutely nothing to do with my post, I find it interesting that you felt you had to post it. #SAD
It’s like telling a cancer patient keep telling yourself that chemo and radiation therapy is ok.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
You bring up very valid point that has not been addressed yet. The original vaccine studies suggested that the immunity from the vaccine might be as short as 6-8 months, and therefore the talk about a booster. The people who got the vaccine first may have fading immunity at this point, especially against a more contagious variant. But I disagree that the breakthrough rate is 60%---It is about 1000x less than that (so far). Any source for that 60% number? (And not that one off from P-town that was reported as 74% of the new cases were vaccinated)
I read it several places, so I had to track it down again. Here's one.

Delta variant: Pfizer Covid vaccine 39% effective in Israel, prevents severe illness

I read somewhere else that had a nice breakdown by time of Vaccination over time and more recent vaxers had better protection. I'll try to find it again.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
Since the cdc and government are a pack of liars and the information is so contradictory, how can anyone put any faith in anything they say? Line up for your 10th booster please!
Correct! The CDC, Fraudci, * and so called "experts" are very adept at flip flopping. Like obedient sheep we go to get the jab and we feel protected, right? But wait. We are told now that we must wear the useless mask again or be coerced into doing so. If you want to keep being manipulated and deceived, go ahead. It's your right. After all, America is still a free country, right????
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.
Closed Thread

Tags
delta, change, tomorrow, cdc, vaccinated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.