CDC Posting new Delta Evidence tomorrow - Friday, 07/30/2021

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2021, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Very optomistic!

So when do the four horsemen arrive???
When you know wonderful people who have died - because they weren’t allowed to go get a checkup to test whether they were still in remission - because we were told to to stay hunkered down in our homes….because of a tremendous fear of getting sick and dying (yes - telling seriously ill and dying people to stay home because we fear an illness that over 99% would endure and survive) ….. I don’t know - just my opinion - but, not an optimistic scenario ….

When you see an extremely promising young adult who has worked so hard to excel in studies and life -and- at one time showed so much excitement and enthusiasm for life and the future and -now- they are faced with mental distraught and anxiety (or worse) …. Golly — all you have to do is turn on the TV to see the impact on the mental health of young adults.

It is sad ……

So banter back and forth - post all of your “facts” …… yet you ignore what is really happening and the consequences of just focusing on whose facts are right or wrong. At the end of the day - it doesn’t matter whose facts are right or wrong…..
Old 07-30-2021, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiesrgreat@gmail.com View Post
When you know wonderful people who have died - because they weren’t allowed to go get a checkup to test whether they were still in remission - because we were told to to stay hunkered down in our homes….because of a tremendous fear of getting sick and dying (yes - telling seriously ill and dying people to stay home because we fear an illness that over 99% would endure and survive) ….. I don’t know - just my opinion - but, not an optimistic scenario ….

When you see an extremely promising young adult who has worked so hard to excel in studies and life -and- at one time showed so much excitement and enthusiasm for life and the future and -now- they are faced with mental distraught and anxiety (or worse) …. Golly — all you have to do is turn on the TV to see the impact on the mental health of young adults.

It is sad ……

So banter back and forth - post all of your “facts” …… yet you ignore what is really happening and the consequences of just focusing on whose facts are right or wrong. At the end of the day - it doesn’t matter whose facts are right or wrong…..
I think you failed to garner the sarcasm of that post.

But be that as it may, NOBODY told chemo patients to stay home and ignore their treatment. And I doubt there is a tremendous epidemic of mental health concerns in YOUNG adults----for the most part they went on with life and considered it an epidemic of "old" people
Old 07-30-2021, 07:15 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Since that has absolutely nothing to do with my post, I find it interesting that you felt you had to post it. #SAD
How does it have nothing to do with your post. Once again you are hoping to prove the vaccine is the way to go…again and again and again
Old 07-30-2021, 07:21 AM
Default Who Cares

When the FDA approves the shot and they know exactly what is in it then maybe people will get it. Sticking something in your body that they really don't know what's in it and can't guaranty if your body will except it, or not or if it will really will prevent people from getting Covid , is ridiculous,

Or there excuse is you can still get it but Not as Bad is a bunch of Bull ****
Every one dies sooner or later Shot or No Shot
Old 07-30-2021, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase219 View Post
When the FDA approves the shot and they know exactly what is in it then maybe people will get it. Sticking something in your body that they really don't know what's in it and can't guaranty if your body will except it, or not or if it will really will prevent people from getting Covid , is ridiculous,

Hard to give any credence to a post by someone who doesn't know the difference between "except" and "accept"
That, and the content is utter nonsense
Old 07-30-2021, 07:27 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
The CDC is not in charge of this country and certainly not in charge of my life. There will be no mask ever for me and hopefully other Americans that are tired of government trying to control us.
While I agree that our gov over steps. I can not agree with you on the mask. The question I have for you do you think the people of Brazil or India give one carp about the Dems and Reps taking mask sides. They are losing more lives per cap then US so why is this just our gov issue.
This is and will not be the last worldwide pandemic, we’ve had hundreds of them throughout our time in history so why is this one a government issue and just not a world pandemic issue. Oh that’s right because our country is divided more then ever before so it has to be about politics…..it beyond said that people can’t put their hate aside and come together so we can walk through this strong
Old 07-30-2021, 07:27 AM

Better the vaccine than a ventilator.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:31 AM

Plz quote your ‘source’.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
You clearly have absolutely no idea how a PCR test works.

The vaccine does work, actually better than expected.

Fact:. You are either lying or severely misinformed. Either way, embarrassing.
The developer of the test said it does not work.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:32 AM

Science is not the truth. Science is finding the truth. When Science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Actually, they do know that the vaccines will reduce, dramatically, the incidence of COVID in the population. That is why they run trials, in this case about 40,000 total people in each trial. These trials were designed to determine whether the vaccines will have an overall positive outcome for a population. On an individual basis, there can be negative outcomes. There will be breakthrough cases - the trials demonstrated that. The results of the trials (specifically the hypothesis that the vaccines have a positive impact) are tested for statistical significance. In the case of the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines, the vaccines reduced the probability of developing COVID, if exposed, by a factor of 20x, for the tested population. The tested population is a proxy for the population as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase219 View Post

Last edited by tuccillo; 07-30-2021 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:41 AM

My brother, who is fully vaccinated, got the Delta variant and ended up in the hospital with severe dehydration. He is back out now but it was a tough go in what he described like a severe flu but even worse. The Dr did say his vaccination saved his life by not letting it get into his lungs. He is still struggling to get back to normal but getting there. So yes, you can get the Delta variant even if vaccinated but it's full effect will be limited. This further demonstrates the need for masks once again and, perhaps, some penalties to unvaccinated people to entice them to get vaccinated. They are spreading it and threatening everyone.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:48 AM

I agree completely !!!
Old 07-30-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiesrgreat@gmail.com View Post

It is sad ……

Good post! Next up will be schools not opening, churches shut down, and businesses closed. To what end and to what cost to our kids, mental health, and financial devastation for many?
Old 07-30-2021, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoisR View Post
How foolish can a person be? There's never a shortage of idiots in The Villages
There is another test called an IQ test that has been virtually abandoned, but we know from it that not all people have the same abilities to understand and perceive and even really intelligent people can also be given inaccurate information from those they trust.

I don't think railing at people because they can't "see" this that seems very obvious to you and me is helping either.

Three people who I know well and love do not believe it is wise to get the vaccine. It makes me so worried and frustrated and I have great hope that something or someone will change their mind. All of our immediate family has received both shots and I now worry that they will still get sick with this variant but I don't worry about them dying.

We must do what we know is safe for ourselves and hope that others will soon make wise choices. Daughter and I will stop for now going to the rec center to do our art and craft projects. I don't want to chance exposing us to this "mild flu" even though I am sure it won't kill since we are vaccinated. We could spread it and get this "mild flu".

Please all stay safe and well.

Tags
delta, change, tomorrow, cdc, vaccinated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.