CDCs promised report today:

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2021, 09:07 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=CFrance;1981136]I trust nothing this guy says. He sells dietary supplements and profits from spreading misinformation.

From NYT:
"The Most Influential Spreader of Coronavirus Misinformation Online

Researchers and regulators say Joseph Mercola, an osteopathic physician, creates and profits from misleading claims about Covid-19 vaccines." The Most Influential Spreader of Coronavirus Misinformation Online - The New York Times

Here is a further explanation: ttps://www.fda.gov/inspections-compliance-enforcement-and-criminal-investigations/warning-letters/mercolacom-llc-607133-02182021

Just put it out there for an interesting read. Researchers, government officials and the like regularly try to discredit others who do not agree. It's good to be exposed to all viewpoints in order to make the best informed decision.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It had nothing to do with politics and everything to do with using a drug for specific purposes, with specific results.

Sort of like - yes, aspirin can relieve pain and reduce fever. But you don't inject it into your heart if you have chest pains. That'd be bad. Or injecting welbutrin into a bruise on your arm to break up the clot. That'd be really bad.

Hydroxychloroquine has properties that allow it to be effective for certain things. That doesn't mean it's effective OR safe for everything. That's why they determined it was a good idea to RESEARCH it, as you quoted in your own post. They discovered during the start of that research, that it came with some significant risks and were unable to just flat out recommend and release it to the general public.

That is how science works.
So in one day, they determined that it went from a promising drug recommended by all the major health organizations in South Korea to a dangerous remedy? You call that science?
Old 07-31-2021, 09:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

[QUOTE=kendi;1981174]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I trust nothing this guy says. He sells dietary supplements and profits from spreading misinformation.

From NYT:
"The Most Influential Spreader of Coronavirus Misinformation Online

Researchers and regulators say Joseph Mercola, an osteopathic physician, creates and profits from misleading claims about Covid-19 vaccines." The Most Influential Spreader of Coronavirus Misinformation Online - The New York Times

Here is a further explanation: ttps://www.fda.gov/inspections-compliance-enforcement-and-criminal-investigations/warning-letters/mercolacom-llc-607133-02182021

Just put it out there for an interesting read. Researchers, government officials and the like regularly try to discredit others who do not agree. It's good to be exposed to all viewpoints in order to make the best informed decision.
Really. you are suggesting someone might try to profit off of other people's fears and suffering.

Uh, YUP. I completely agree.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
It gets less awful as it mutates. As most viruses do.
As with so many misleading comments, this is sort of true.

MOST mutations do not survive. PERIOD. The next level of mutations are mostly not significant changes, so appear to be the same virus.

The last group of mutations is worse. While they may be the least frequent, they are more aggressive (DELTA is more contagious). If you win the lottery a mutation is more contagious and more dealy, then bad stuff happens worldwide.

The odds of a really bad mutation/variant occurring are slim, but not zero - hence we have DELTA in the first year of this pandemic. The reason we want everyone possible to get a vaccination and to wear masks is to reduce the population of virus spreaders - more people with the virus, more people spreading means more bad mutations are able to find a host to grow and spread from.

If a mutation occurs in the forest and no one is there, it dies. If a mutation occurs at a political rally and 100,000 people are there it has a good chance of finding a moist warm new friendly host to raise its family of millions of clones to share with family, friends, and neighbors - even strangers at the grocery store.

Last edited by GrumpyOldMan; 07-31-2021 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:31 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,585 Times in 932 Posts

Quote:

Sort of like - yes, aspirin can relieve pain and reduce fever. But you don't inject it into your heart if you have chest pains. That'd be bad. Or injecting welbutrin into a bruise on your arm to break up the clot. That'd be really bad.
Its called ‘off label use’. It happens all the time.
“Beta-blockers are another example of beneficial off-label prescribing. Such medications are FDA-approved for the treatment of high blood pressure, but are widely recognized by cardiologists as a standard of care for patients with heart failure.“
Old 07-31-2021, 09:31 AM

Want to know which vaccine the sick vaccinated had and when? Did they have antibodies? Not everyone developed antibodies. Did they get vaccinated yesterday or months ago?
Old 07-31-2021, 09:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post
So in one day, they determined that it went from a promising drug recommended by all the major health organizations in South Korea to a dangerous remedy? Do you call that science?
Well, not quite, let's see.

A bunch of people from around the world who had dedicated their lives to helping people got together secretly and decided to spread misinformation to allow millions of people to die. They did this because they didn't like the politics in the US (that has been given as a reason, I am not making it up)

Or

A bunch of people from around the world who had dedicated their lives to helping people independently came to the same conclusion that while there may be some beneficial results from the use of a drug, the negative side effects far out weighted the positive.

To go any further into "reasons" would get me banned or at the least this thread locked.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
As with so many misleading comments, this is sort of true.

MOST mutations do not survive. PERIOD. The next level of mutations are mostly not significant changes, so appear to be the same virus.

The last group of mutations is worse. While they may be the least frequent, they are more aggressive (DELTA is more contagious). If you win the lottery a mutation is more contagious and more dealy, then bad stuff happens worldwide.

The odds of a really bad mutation/variant occurring are slim, but not zero - hence we have DELTA in the first year of this pandemic. The reason we want everyone possible to get a vaccination and to wear masks is to reduce the population of virus spreaders - more people with the virus, more people spreading means more viable mutations.

If a mutation occurs in the forest and no one is there, it dies. If a mutation occurs are a political rally and 100,000 people are there it has a good chance of finding a moist warm new friendly host to raise its family of millions of clones to share with family, friends, and neighbors - even strangers are the grocery store.
I will say the infection rate has gone up from 2 to 8 which has gotten my attention. Voluntarily staying away from public places, washing hands a bunch, staying hydrated, and starting a regime to improve natural immunity is what's required. I believe this round has peaked and starting the downhill reduction as seen in other areas who've went through same.
Old 07-31-2021, 10:22 AM
Default Where in Barnstable County?

No one has mentioned that the town where the reported gatherings occurred was Provincetown. P'town is famous for several aspects of its inhabitants, including a fairly high incidence of HIV and associated suppressed immunity. I wonder why the CDC never mentioned the town that was studied.
Old 07-31-2021, 10:30 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Not exactly; your claim about counting every new test as a new case is false also.

One of the criticisms of reporting cases is it could not count asymptomatic cases or any other case where the individual did not go in to get tested. That's fairly obvious, you cannot count what you do not see. Likewise with counting positive test results as breakthrough cases, it can only lead to an undercount. If I don't get tested because I've been vaccinated and my symptoms are mild or nonexistent then I wouldn't be counted and the data would not be complete. The count of hospitalizations and deaths, counting actual bodies, is much more accurate.

Look, I realize you are never going to agree no matter what the facts are; I'm not trying to convince you. I'm trying to balance the nonsense and misinformation with what I believe are documented and provable facts.
The fact is the CDC stopped reporting breakthrough cases. Even if the number would have been misleadingly low, because so many breakthrough cases were asymptotic. Instead they left a 3 month old number on their website and multiple posters on TOTV continue to quote it as current. The very definition of misinformation…
Old 07-31-2021, 10:35 AM
Default A very simple question for all ..Why hasn't ANY vaccine been fully approved ???????

[
As you all know its been approved for emergency use ONLY...and if you say they CDC is still testing it...are they really still testing it ???? if so when do they expect to get it fully approved ?

I am just wondering why so many health care professionals are NOT taking it

Bad News From CDC - Today: Jul 30, 2021[/QUOTE]
Old 07-31-2021, 11:15 AM
TOTV Moderator

Another one bites the dust. It would be nice if we could have just one of these threads that didn't result in politics and personal attacks.

Thread has been cleaned up and closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
news, cdc, promised, today, report

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.