CDD 5 supervisors vote to end anonymous complaint system

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2020, 09:50 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
BTW, after rereading my covenants, there is a rule in there that says we (my district covenants) are to notify TV if we will be away from our home 7 or more days. Not doing so is a violation. Should that be reported?
I won't deny this since I do not know, but I did review 4 different districts covenants to see the language and cannot find this in ANY deed restrictions. Could you be so kind as to point out where to find this?
Old 08-26-2020, 09:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
The Villages makes the rules but they don't want to spend the money to enforce them. Didn't Community Watch use to report non-compliance? Why not go back to that, or institute it. They drive everywhere. How hard can it be to write down an address and compliance issue while still in their trucks?
Sounds reasonable to me
Old 08-26-2020, 09:59 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
Not anonymous does not have to mean the homeowner being complained about gets to know who complained. Once Deed Compliance determines there is a violation it is between them and the homeowner, period. However, Deed Compliance should know who is complaining in order to keep the system from being abused. There may be some rare cases that may involve legal action or other circumstances where the homeowner finds out, but as general rule they have no need to know.
If the process was being abused, wouldn't that have casued a change long ago? I'm still waiting for someone to explain how THEY ARE AFFECTED BY ANONYMOUS reporting if they themseves are NOT IN VIOLATION. Why do you care?
Old 08-27-2020, 08:48 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
I won't deny this since I do not know, but I did review 4 different districts covenants to see the language and cannot find this in ANY deed restrictions. Could you be so kind as to point out where to find this?
Absolutely. I sent my information to you in a PM.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Closed Thread

Tags
change, anonymous, don’t, system, board

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.