Ceiling fans

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2019, 07:17 AM
Default Ceiling fans

Pike’s is no longer at Sumter Landing. Any good places besides the big box stores and Dan’s to buy a nice ceiling fan? Also would like recommendations for installation, to put in the kitchen where recessed lighting is nearby. Thank you.😊
Old 09-17-2019, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,125 Times in 2,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgm3279 View Post
Pike’s is no longer at Sumter Landing. Any good places besides the big box stores and Dan’s to buy a nice ceiling fan? Also would like recommendations for installation, to put in the kitchen where recessed lighting is nearby. Thank you.😊
Both Lowe's and Home depot carry a large assortment of ceiling fans, I have purchased from both. One word of caution, look carefully at the type of bulb the light set uses (if you are getting one with a light set). I accidentally bought one with a G22(?) type bulbs, these are hard to find.
I did my own installation, getting permit and inspection, not sure I would do it again. The reason I did this was the existing 'can' light mountings are not suitable for a ceiling fan. I had to install a new mounting for the fan. I was able to do my own install for much less than the local electricians.
Send me a PM if you would like to discuss the details.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:15 AM
Sage

W e bought all of our fans on line-installed a Casablanca 3 blade with remote in the MBR, a Minka 3 blade with remote in the LR--removed the nook fixture installed a Hunter 5 blade, removed the entry pendant & installed a Hunter 5 blade, removed the two lanai fans & installed 2 Casablancas--all ceiling boxes installed in TV are fan duty boxes-- the only box we had to change was the entry fan box

Three blade fans are more efficient & move more air than 5 blade fans

Good source for fans --Hansen wholesale-Los Alamitos Ca--no sales tax, also any good handyman can install a fan, think twice about using Lenart--all I can say is price shop if you contact them

Last edited by Chatbrat; 09-17-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:00 AM

I'm looking for a decent looking living room modern fan for my Iris I just moved into. The fan that the designer had installed is more of a beachy, weathered looking flat white that doesn't match at all with the interior. Are there any other local stores besides HD and Lowes that I could purchase a modern looking fan?
Old 09-17-2019, 10:19 AM
Sage

Look @ Minka fans their three blade models with molded blades that wrap around the motor housing might fit

The model we used was the Minka aire artemis 58"-- low speed circulates all the air needed for LR,DR and kitchen counter
Old 09-17-2019, 10:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
W e bought all of our fans on line-installed a Casablanca 3 blade with remote in the MBR, a Minka 3 blade with remote in the LR--removed the nook fixture installed a Hunter 5 blade, removed the entry pendant & installed a Hunter 5 blade, removed the two lanai fans & installed 2 Casablancas--all ceiling boxes installed in TV are fan duty boxes-- the only box we had to change was the entry fan box

Three blade fans are more efficient & move more air than 5 blade fans

Good source for fans --Hansen wholesale-Los Alamitos Ca--no sales tax, also any good handyman can install a fan, think twice about using Lenart--all I can say is price shop if you contact them
After seeing Lenart's ads in the paper,I can't believe their prices are so far over the top. I can't help but wonder if they are taking advantage of senior citizens. We have had good luck with Dan's Fan City.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 09-17-2019, 10:59 AM
Veteran member

I have installed this Minka Aire Light Wave (in white) in three houses. I currently have one in my master bedroom and my living room. I LOVE this fan. I love the style and it works beautifully. I have purchased it on Amazon from a couple different vendors and some bundle it with extra remotes (which is great if you want one for each side of the bed). Can't recommend this fan highly enough.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

kathy
Old 09-17-2019, 11:13 AM
Veteran member

Pike is still open,you can find them behind Russel Stovers. Had recessed lights put in,cheaper than most,plus quality work!
Old 09-17-2019, 12:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
After seeing Lenart's ads in the paper,I can't believe their prices are so far over the top. I can't help but wonder if they are taking advantage of senior citizens. We have had good luck with Dan's Fan City.
Did Dan’s install them for you?
Old 09-17-2019, 12:51 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
I know Lenhart isn’t cheap, but they are licensed electricians. It is electricity and if a handyman were injured (or worse) would insurance cover a person who is not a licensed electrician? Who would assume liability? I believe Florida requires a license.

Not sure of the answer.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,607 Times in 5,195 Posts

I would highly recommend Dan's Fan City. I bought a fan and they installed it for free. I didn't like it, so they replaced it and installed another one for free. I think, if you spend more than 200 dollars, the installation is free. It takes the installer about 5 minutes to install or replace a fan.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I would highly recommend Dan's Fan City. I bought a fan and they installed it for free. I didn't like it, so they replaced it and installed another one for free. I think, if you spend more than 200 dollars, the installation is free. It takes the installer about 5 minutes to install or replace a fan.

Thanks for this and the good advice you’ve provided in the past.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:43 PM
Sage

No need to hire a licensed electrician to hang a fan or a fixture--he is not running new wires and making connections in a load center- I am a retired electrical contractor.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
No need to hire a licensed electrician to hang a fan or a fixture--he is not running new wires and making connections in a load center- I am a retired electrical contractor.

Thanks. Good to know.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Stop the Presses! If you purchase a Ceiling Fan from anywhere and have the Indoor Wiring Insurance from your Electric Company, we have Duke they will install one Ceiling fan each year 4 FREE. Check it out for specifics with your particular Electric Supplier. If you need more than one installed in one visit it will be done at a greatly reduced price from what it regularly be done for.

FREE for one a year. Not too shabby!

If this helped you then you know what you gotta do! :cold :

We've got too many Ceiling Fan's!

We did own a Big Azz Fan. Google it! It's true and they really work!

Last edited by Nucky; 09-17-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
ceiling, recommendations, installation, fan, put

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.