Ceiling fans

Ceiling fans

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Ceiling fans
Old 09-17-2019, 07:17 AM

Default Ceiling fans

Pike’s is no longer at Sumter Landing. Any good places besides the big box stores and Dan’s to buy a nice ceiling fan? Also would like recommendations for installation, to put in the kitchen where recessed lighting is nearby. Thank you.😊

Old 09-17-2019, 08:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgm3279 View Post
Pike’s is no longer at Sumter Landing. Any good places besides the big box stores and Dan’s to buy a nice ceiling fan? Also would like recommendations for installation, to put in the kitchen where recessed lighting is nearby. Thank you.😊
Both Lowe's and Home depot carry a large assortment of ceiling fans, I have purchased from both. One word of caution, look carefully at the type of bulb the light set uses (if you are getting one with a light set). I accidentally bought one with a G22(?) type bulbs, these are hard to find.
I did my own installation, getting permit and inspection, not sure I would do it again. The reason I did this was the existing 'can' light mountings are not suitable for a ceiling fan. I had to install a new mounting for the fan. I was able to do my own install for much less than the local electricians.
Send me a PM if you would like to discuss the details.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:15 AM
Sage

W e bought all of our fans on line-installed a Casablanca 3 blade with remote in the MBR, a Minka 3 blade with remote in the LR--removed the nook fixture installed a Hunter 5 blade, removed the entry pendant & installed a Hunter 5 blade, removed the two lanai fans & installed 2 Casablancas--all ceiling boxes installed in TV are fan duty boxes-- the only box we had to change was the entry fan box

Three blade fans are more efficient & move more air than 5 blade fans

Good source for fans --Hansen wholesale-Los Alamitos Ca--no sales tax, also any good handyman can install a fan, think twice about using Lenart--all I can say is price shop if you contact them

Last edited by Chatbrat; 09-17-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:00 AM

I'm looking for a decent looking living room modern fan for my Iris I just moved into. The fan that the designer had installed is more of a beachy, weathered looking flat white that doesn't match at all with the interior. Are there any other local stores besides HD and Lowes that I could purchase a modern looking fan?
Old 09-17-2019, 10:19 AM
Sage

Look @ Minka fans their three blade models with molded blades that wrap around the motor housing might fit

The model we used was the Minka aire artemis 58"-- low speed circulates all the air needed for LR,DR and kitchen counter
Old 09-17-2019, 10:52 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
W e bought all of our fans on line-installed a Casablanca 3 blade with remote in the MBR, a Minka 3 blade with remote in the LR--removed the nook fixture installed a Hunter 5 blade, removed the entry pendant & installed a Hunter 5 blade, removed the two lanai fans & installed 2 Casablancas--all ceiling boxes installed in TV are fan duty boxes-- the only box we had to change was the entry fan box

Three blade fans are more efficient & move more air than 5 blade fans

Good source for fans --Hansen wholesale-Los Alamitos Ca--no sales tax, also any good handyman can install a fan, think twice about using Lenart--all I can say is price shop if you contact them
After seeing Lenart's ads in the paper,I can't believe their prices are so far over the top. I can't help but wonder if they are taking advantage of senior citizens. We have had good luck with Dan's Fan City.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 09-17-2019, 10:59 AM

I have installed this Minka Aire Light Wave (in white) in three houses. I currently have one in my master bedroom and my living room. I LOVE this fan. I love the style and it works beautifully. I have purchased it on Amazon from a couple different vendors and some bundle it with extra remotes (which is great if you want one for each side of the bed). Can't recommend this fan highly enough.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

kathy
The Following User Says Thank You to kathyspear For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2019, 11:13 AM

Pike is still open,you can find them behind Russel Stovers. Had recessed lights put in,cheaper than most,plus quality work!
Old 09-17-2019, 12:45 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
After seeing Lenart's ads in the paper,I can't believe their prices are so far over the top. I can't help but wonder if they are taking advantage of senior citizens. We have had good luck with Dan's Fan City.
Did Dan’s install them for you?
Old 09-17-2019, 12:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
I know Lenhart isn’t cheap, but they are licensed electricians. It is electricity and if a handyman were injured (or worse) would insurance cover a person who is not a licensed electrician? Who would assume liability? I believe Florida requires a license.

Not sure of the answer.

Tags
ceiling, recommendations, installation, fan, put