Cell Phone Plan in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2017, 08:48 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I have Smart Talk through WalMart. $45/month, unlimited. Have my Verizon phone. Has worked well from Chatham to Osceola, haven't been to Fenney.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-26-2017, 09:30 PM
Platinum member

Last edited by Fraugoofy; 10-12-2017 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:46 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

What about googleFi from google? It's twenty bucks for calls and text and 10.00 a gig prorated to partial gig. They use TWO carriers, Sprint and T mobile, wifi of course. Here are the best parts: no endless junk fees, it's twenty bucks period! Second, have a problem? Speak to an American who speaks English. I don't mind overseas help desks but sometimes l just want an American who can fix my problem. No contract of course, it is simply phone service the way it should be!
Old 07-26-2017, 09:51 PM

Thanks all! We talked to Verizon today and if we keep our same Samsung phones, we can get unlimited talk and text and 4 GB of data, (which is plenty) for $90/mo. About the same or a little more as some of the pre-pays but some pros are that you get priority as a Verizon customer as far as access to the network when making calls, as compared to a pay as you go type plan. Also, if you go over your data, there is no charge - it just reverts to 2G (slower speed). And access to customer service if.having issues. If using their pay as you go phones, everything is done online.

Talked to Metro PCS today about their similar plan. It was $65/mo for two lines - but probably have to get new phones. Also, it was on Team Mobile network - and we prefer Verizon as it definitely works for us here at home and around The Villages.

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk HD
Closed Thread

Tags
coverage, option, customer, service, experience

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.