Census Bureau lady would not leave

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2019, 07:03 PM

If the OP didn’t want to talk to the census person, couldn’t they just go in the house and shut the door?
Old 11-02-2019, 07:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
If the OP didn’t want to talk to the census person, couldn’t they just go in the house and shut the door?
why do i have to leave my garage on my own property due to some nut case that doesn't want to leave the property. I prefer calling the Police to reinforce them not to come back F.S.810.09 is very powerful in Florida and one of the best states that enforce the NO Trespassing laws.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,346 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Puzzled. I thought the census was next year.
It is Fiscal Year (FY) 20 and it has been for over one month. The relevance of this is the labor (workers) are paid by FY.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Just by reading the argument and differing interpretation of who can or can't go where, or do what, etc. just shows why most lawyers are rolling in the greenstuff!
Old 11-03-2019, 06:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
I cannot agree more. I see no issue here. In my whole life I have not ever seen anyone get upset about someone coming to their door. I never lived in a dangerous area either. This is a very safe area. Making issues out of non issues and mountains out of molehills is what this whole thing looks like to me.

I feel bad for the lady. I would have to think this was probably the first time in her life the police were called on her.

If someone comes to my door trying to sell me something or trying to convert me, I just say No, thank you. If I peep out and profile them, as a mass murderer, a visitor from another planet or if they have a large snarling and barking animal with them, I just wave through the side panel and shoo them away...Ditto with folks with large running sores.

There is no reason to get all worked up over silly things or be unkind to innocent people trying to make a living.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Based on past posting I don't really ever remember Chelleybean having a problem with anybody before. To me this is important.

So we have a fine member of our Community (Chellybean) being badgered by someone who actually works for her.

I side Totally and Heavily with and for Chelleybean. Why do we have to interrupt out days for Door Knockers? Get outta my life and off my property.

This is the time that coming from the place where people have a chip on their shoulder helps. A simple grunt with no words would have done the job for me.

The women in Chelly's picture looked like a nut job and you can't be too careful nowadays. If she didn't offer I.D. immediately she could have been deadly wrong.

I know if I was doing her job in a state where people are Strapped I'd be a little more careful and kind when greeting someone.

Bravo to you Chelleybean for standing up for yourself. I hope you can go back to your peaceful life.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I cannot agree more. I see no issue here. In my whole life I have not ever seen anyone get upset about someone coming to their door. I never lived in a dangerous area either. This is a very safe area. Making issues out of non issues and mountains out of molehills is what this whole thing looks like to me.

I feel bad for the lady. I would have to think this was probably the first time in her life the police were called on her.

If someone comes to my door trying to sell me something or trying to convert me, I just say No, thank you. If I peep out and profile them, as a mass murderer, a visitor from another planet or if they have a large snarling and barking animal with them, I just wave through the side panel and shoo them away...Ditto with folks with large running sores.

There is no reason to get all worked up over silly things or be unkind to innocent people trying to make a living.
Rarely do I agree with Gracie, but in this case I do wholeheartedly. The OP appears to have issues with anyone being on his property.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 11-03-2019, 06:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Based on past posting I don't really ever remember Chelleybean having a problem with anybody before. To me this is important.

So we have a fine member of our Community (Chellybean) being badgered by someone who actually works for her.

I side Totally and Heavily with and for Chelleybean. Why do we have to interrupt out days for Door Knockers? Get outta my life and off my property.

This is the time that coming from the place where people have a chip on their shoulder helps. A simple grunt with no words would have done the job for me.

The women in Chelly's picture looked like a nut job and you can't be too careful nowadays. If she didn't offer I.D. immediately she could have been deadly wrong.

I know if I was doing her job in a state where people are Strapped I'd be a little more careful and kind when greeting someone.

Bravo to you Chelleybean for standing up for yourself. I hope you can go back to your peaceful life.
Chellybean is a guy. Not that either one of us is sexist.

The lady did have I.D. on her around her neck or on her shirt. See here?

So Nucky? What makes you think the lady was unkind and persistent? That doesn't seem like you at all.

2020 Census Jobs - Be A Census Taker
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	census woman.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	81557  
Attached Images
census-woman-2-jpg 

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-03-2019 at 07:21 AM.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Chellybean is a guy. Not that either one of us is sexist.

The lady did have I.D. on her around her neck or on her shirt. See here?

I think our responses are in line with our cultural and geographic upbringing.

So Nucky? What makes you think the lady was unkind and persistent? That doesn't seem like you at all.

2020 Census Jobs - Be A Census Taker
There is not an I.D. around her neck as I am accustomed to seeing it there. She is carrying her I.D. The thing around her neck is the pull strings for her hoodie.

She parked on the wrong side of the street, blocked the driveway if that is in fact her car and I wouldn't speak to anyone who presented themselves at my home who was in the wild shape that she was presented in. Dress appropriately, give me some confidence immediately that you are not a Fugazy.

You are correct about the regional thing. Nobody would have this problem in the old Hood.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:18 AM
Sage

I remember being baffled by a similar thread on this Forum. Here is is, on trespassing.

Trespassing by tax appraisers

I think that some people have bigger issues with this than others and I am not sure why.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
There is not an I.D. around her neck as I am accustomed to seeing it there. She is carrying her I.D. The thing around her neck is the pull strings for her hoodie.

She parked on the wrong side of the street, blocked the driveway if that is in fact her car and I wouldn't speak to anyone who presented themselves at my home who was in the wild shape that she was presented in. Dress appropriately, give me some confidence immediately that you are not a Fugazy.

You are correct about the regional thing. Nobody would have this problem in the old Hood.

You are right as usual about her carrying her I.D.

The rest about dressing??? I would question she was sane. When lately has it been cool enough to wear that???
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	census woman (3).jpg
Views:	125
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	81559  
Old 11-03-2019, 07:37 AM
Sage

As regards her mode of dress, what time did this happen? If it was early in the morning it was chilly outside. People on the golf course were bundled up. Also, if it was early, that is not a civilized time for a stranger to be asking questions, IMO. The only reason I'd be up is to go to the airport or hospital, with no inclination to be chatty in either case.

Last edited by Carla B; 11-03-2019 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Questioning time.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

If all the accusations about the lady are true....so what.
She is one out of hundreds doing the same job. Happens all the time in many situations, one bad apple.
Let it go......
Old 11-03-2019, 08:01 AM
Platinum member

[QUOTE=Chellybean;
Most people do not understand there rights and even the Deputy had to call his supervisor and the supervisor call his watch commander LT. to know what to do. AT the End F.S.810.09 applies.
Now if this went to court i could bet that there would of been a federal and State ****ing contest; and what to do with this case, it would probably be thrown out but the Census Bureau would be warned to not violate privacy policy's.[/QUOTE]

So, after all the confusion among LEOs, what happened? Was she arrested? How did she respond to the Deputy?
Old 11-03-2019, 08:27 AM
Sage

I have never heard of "F.S.810.09" . It must be an issue in other states than Ohio and Indiana and Florida where I have lived.

I will look it up.

I did. I still don't know what it is. Here is what I found with some references to fertilizer and animals and a couple of things from trespassing lawyers down by Miami. Is this a county thing???

f.s.810.09 - Bing

Oh wait...…..I found this; https://www.husseinandwebber.com/cri...imes/trespass/

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-03-2019 at 08:37 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
property, census, leave, lady, bureau

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.