Census Bureau lady would not leave Follow up

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2019, 10:06 AM
Veteran member
Default Census Bureau lady would not leave Follow up

Just a FYI; There were people asking Who this person was and from Where;
I am giving this information for FYI and not to start a debate on whether or not i am credible in what actually happened!
Also when A census agent is told to leave they should turn tail and Leave according to the director of the Florida Area. Ms. Mintz also stated due to the great difficulty of getting the community to participated they are trained to try to convince the homeowner to participate, but when told to leave they should leave immediately.
Ms. Mintz also stated that the Census agent is rated in how many people they get to cooperate and they need to be persistent. I think that says it all, Then Ms. Mintz Restated they are not trained to not leave when asked too. Seems to be a conflict in there training.

This is for anyone who cares!
Survey American Community survey;
Some of the 47 Question asked;

Don't shoot the messenger this is what i was told by Supervisor Edward Norris, , Walter Tighe 404-730-3832 ;
and Over Florida Christina Mintz 404-730-3832 ext. 57237

• Some of the House hold questions;, how much do you pay for mortgage or rent, What type of transportation in this area, you use Etc…
• How many people in your home, how much you pay in utility Etc..
• What is your house income (are you Kidding) etc…
• There is about 47 Question!!!
Anyone that wants to have privacy may feel these questions are no one business.

No way shape or form are they suppose to not identify themselves or stay on your property when asked to Leave!
They are not trained that way and this woman was way out of line!

Just a FYI for some of you!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191101_152225301_HDR.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	81568  

Last edited by Chellybean; 11-04-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
I am giving this information for FYI and not to start a debate on whether or not i am credible in what actually happened!
Also when A census agent is told to leave they should turn tail and Leave according to the director of the Florida Area. Ms. Mintz also stated due to the great difficulty of getting the community to participated they are trained to try to convince the homeowner to participate, but when told to leave they should leave immediately.
Ms. Mintz also stated that the Census agent is rated in how many people they get to cooperate and they need to be persistent. I think that says it all, Then Ms. Mintz Restated they are not trained to not leave when asked too. Seems to be a conflict in there training.

Don't shoot the messenger this is what i was told by Supervisor Edward Norris, , Walter Tighe 404-730-3832 ;

• Some of the House hold questions;, how much do you pay for mortgage or rent, What type of transportation in this area, you use Etc…

No way shape or form are they suppose to not identify themselves or stay on your property when asked to Leave!

I wouldn't answer those questions. That's none of their business.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I wouldn't answer those questions. That's none of their business.
i agree and that is big brother watching so they can tax us accordingly to pay for the special interest groups.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post

Yes, they are supposed to leave when asked. Why is it such a problem for them to try and explain their job before doing so? No reason for them or you to be rude.

Everyone would be wise to get educated about the Census and its purpose for each question. I taught Census classes for the 2000 Census. Unfortunately, as usual, the media is terrific at doling out MISINFORMATION. I saw one question online after a Census that read: "Do you want to know what your neighbor makes?" I entered my address and the answer came back, "The median income for that area is $xxxxxxx." I still didn't know what my neighbor's income was. That neighbor's exact income will only be divulged in 72 years. By then, who cares?

Census information is:

1) Mandated by the Constitution to be gathered every 10 years.

2) Confidential - Individual information cannot be released for 72 years.

3) All information is compiled and used statistically only.

4) Census data determines how government resources and congressional seats are allocated.

5) The government already knows your household income individually, so why the problem? Can you say Income Tax? This information is combined with all others demographically. This helps when people consider making moves to another area. For instance, why do you want to move somewhere that does not afford the type of income you desire? This is not simply a Villages question. The income question first came on board in the 1940 Census.

6) One of the new questions in 2000 concerned whether or not you were a grandparent bringing up your grandchild. That question was put on the Census to get government help for those grandparents who found themselves in that situation. Sometimes that happens through the death of a child who leaves small children behind, not just because of deadbeat or criminal parents.

7) As for mortgage information, etc., there again it is for statistical purposes. People pay much more or less for homes depending on the part of the country (demographics). There again, the information will turn out to be published as MEDIAN cost of buying in a certain area. That is information you need when considering buying a home.

8) Transportation questions determine the funding for roads (infrastructure).

This is only a small portion of the whys in an effort to help you understand and take part. In a nutshell, these people are not being nosy; they are doing a job. They could actually give a rat's you-know-what about your answers. When I got home at night, I couldn't tell you anything about anyone. Not only did I teach the classes, I had to do a supervisory ride-along with the actual enumerators. It goes right above their heads the minute they get the information and leave. You are just one more statistic and one more assignment done.

On a side note, the Census has been around longer than the USA. Remember, that is exactly why Mary and Joseph were on the road when it came time for her to give birth to Jesus. They were on their way to their hometown, as prescribed by law, to be counted. That is the definition of Census....Count.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."

Last edited by dillywho; 11-04-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Yes, they are supposed to leave when asked. Why is it such a problem for them to try and explain their job before doing so? No reason for them or you to be rude.

Everyone would be wise to get educated about the Census and its purpose for each question. I taught Census classes for the 2000 Census. Unfortunately, as usual, the media is terrific at doling out MISINFORMATION. I saw one question online after a Census that read: "Do you want to know what your neighbor makes?" I entered my address and the answer came back, "The median income for that area is $xxxxxxx." I still didn't know what my neighbor's income was. That neighbor's exact income will only be divulged in 72 years. By then, who cares?

Census information is:

1) Mandated by the Constitution
2) Confidential
Individual information cannot be released for 72 years
3) All information is used statistically only
4) Census data determines how government resources are allocated
5) The government already knows your household income individually, so why the problem? This information is combined with all others demographically. This helps when people consider making moves to another area. For instance, why do you want to move somewhere that does not afford the type of income you desire? This is not simply a Villages question. The income question first came on board in the 1940 Census.
6) One of the new questions in 2000 concerned whether or not you were a grandparent bringing up your grandchild. That question was put on the Census to get government help for those grandparents who found themselves in that situation. Sometimes that happens through the death of a child who leaves small children behind.
7) As for mortgage information, etc., there again it is for statistical purposes. People pay much more or less for homes depending on the part of the country (demographics). There again, the information will turn out to be published as MEDIAN cost of buying in a certain area.
8) Transportation questions determine the funding for roads (infrastructure).

In a nutshell, these people are not being nosy; they are doing a job. They could actually give a rat's you-know-what about your answers. It goes right above their heads the minute they get the information and leave. You are just one more statistic and one more assignment done.

On a side note, the Census has been around longer than the USA. Remember, that is exactly why Mary and Joseph were on the road when it came time for her to give birth to Jesus. They were on their way to their hometown, as prescribed by law, to be counted. That is the definition of Census....Count.
it is simple i have better things to do and i don't want to be bothered. When i said i am not interested have a nice day they should of left and not told me they have a right to be there and they are not leaving.
I do appreciate your input.
Closed Thread

Tags
leave, mintz, trained, told, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.