century link

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2018, 12:35 PM
Default century link

We are new to Virginia Trace. A century link rep. told me today that the service is fiber optic. I do not believe them . Does anyone know if this is true or is it DSL?
Old 09-18-2018, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,301 Times in 864 Posts

I believe they only provide fiber to the home.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-18-2018, 12:39 PM

Fiber Optic
Old 09-18-2018, 01:29 PM
Sage

they are fiber optic, but you have to get TV via Direct TV--they no longer support Prism--fired they after 6 years-we're with Xfinity because of no prism & we don't want a dish
Old 09-18-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
they are fiber optic, but you have to get TV via Direct TV--they no longer support Prism--fired they after 6 years-we're with Xfinity because of no prism & we don't want a dish

We have CenturyLink fiber optic and combine it with YouTube TV. This is not the YouTube of cute cat videos, but broadcast TV over the internet:

YouTube TV FAQ: Pricing, Channels, Devices and More
Old 09-18-2018, 02:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I've had Directv since 2008 and brought my boxes with me when I moved here in 2011. Of course since then I've upgraded to a better box, a DVR with a 1000 hrs of HD storage. I've had Century Link phone and internet since July 2011. I have fiber optic in Tamarind Grove, that is off St. Charles.

We have no modem. There are two phone jacks in the kitchen, one for telephone and one for the computer. We plug our router into the jack and leave it at the end of the bar, it's a bar with a tier, so it's hidden somewhat.

We've only had one outage in seven years and they fixed it the same day, actually within 2 hours. They told it was a lightning strike near the garage that had knocked it out. So it was an act of nature. I'm happy with the service and I love Directv, this year they gave me NFL Sunday Ticket for free, that's second year in a row I've gotten it free. I think the max internet speed for my area is 25. They have many pricing plans, go to their office in front of Target next to Jim's Golf Shop & Jersey Mike's.

PS, I don't think I would get my Directv through CL, they tried to combine my bill once and it never happened, not worth saving $5. If you want Directv, call directv and set it up yourself. Directv does not care who does your internet or phone.
Closed Thread

Tags
link, century, dsl, true, optic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.