Century Link Doubled my Bill this morning

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2018, 04:25 PM
Sage

Another reason to stay away from Comcast-Xfinity--the worst customer service on record--if something goes wrong you are SOL==again we kept them for 6 weeks--that was back in 2011, when we moved to TV
Old 06-01-2018, 05:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

For those bashing Comcast customer service, did you know they know have an office in the Shopping center at 441 and Rolling Acres? Real people that you can talk to.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
How much are you paying per month?
We have internet, cable and phone. There are so many variables that it would be difficult to compare prices. I can say that when a contract price runs out they are very willing to negotiate a new price.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
For those bashing Comcast customer service, did you know they know have an office in the Shopping center at 441 and Rolling Acres? Real people that you can talk to.
good advice
Old 06-01-2018, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

[QUOTE=tomwed;1549360]please check-
I know you are not calling me a liar. I'm not that. But I have been fooled before and if you can find out where the con is or contract trick is I would really appreciate your help.[QUOTE]

Of course I did not/was not.....did not enter the thought process one bit.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:25 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=billethkid;1549473][QUOTE=tomwed;1549360]please check-
I know you are not calling me a liar. I'm not that. But I have been fooled before and if you can find out where the con is or contract trick is I would really appreciate your help.
Quote:

Of course I did not/was not.....did not enter the thought process one bit.
We agree. I respect your judgement and was hoping you would look into the contract as you suggested so that I might get some insight on something I overlooked.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:37 PM

we're cutting the attachment to cable tv slowly. Down to 1 tv and internet. Using Roku for other tv's. Soon will cut ties altogether and will try YouTube TV
Old 06-01-2018, 08:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation Experience

Our experience has been that we have DirectTV, AT&T Cell phones and an AT&T box ($20 per month) that uses the internet for our home phone. We then have Comcast for our internet with a router that we own. Last month they (Comcast) sent me for a bill of $79 and I called them. In net it has been reduced to $44 per month as long as I allow a non paper billing.. I also get 100MB on the Internet.
I would suggest that the resident that had received a double billing to go to the nearest Seniors vs Crime office and fill out a complaint against Century Link. You have nothing to lose and may wake them up. Your complaint allegedly will be sent directly to the Florida Attorney General's office and I believe they will send it to Century Link for resolution.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Our experience has been that we have DirectTV, AT&T Cell phones and an AT&T box ($20 per month) that uses the internet for our home phone. We then have Comcast for our internet with a router that we own. Last month they (Comcast) sent me for a bill of $79 and I called them. In net it has been reduced to $44 per month as long as I allow a non paper billing.. I also get 100MB on the Internet.
I would suggest that the resident that had received a double billing to go to the nearest Seniors vs Crime office and fill out a complaint against Century Link. You have nothing to lose and may wake them up. Your complaint allegedly will be sent directly to the Florida Attorney General's office and I believe they will send it to Century Link for resolution.
Are you saying your comcast bill 79-44=$35 including 100MB of internet? thank-you
Old 06-01-2018, 08:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishakaye View Post
we're cutting the attachment to cable tv slowly. Down to 1 tv and internet. Using Roku for other tv's. Soon will cut ties altogether and will try YouTube TV
Smart move - more people are cutting the cord every day. That's why cable companies aren't in the mood to bargain anymore. They need the big bucks from those still hooked on cable. We just buy internet and stream all our television, including the local channels. YouTube TV is a great choice. You may want to put an OTA antenna on your roof in case the internet goes down. Free TV all the time.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:54 PM
Platinum member

Century Link also just nearly doubled my bill. After talking to 2 different representatives at 2 different times, they were adamant that they were not going to help reduce the bill at all. So after calling another service provider and having them come and install their service, I called CL back to arrange for them to send me a mailing label to send back their equipment. Well... all of a sudden they wanted to know why we stopped them and if we couldn't continue their service at the same price we were paying. I asked them why they didn't offer that deal the last 2 times I called. I refused and as far as I'm concerned, they screwed themselves. We liked the service and would have gladly kept it if they had offered the reduction to begin with. Right now I have a 2-year contract with my new provider and then I will be expecting to play their game again when this contract runs out.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
Century Link also just nearly doubled my bill. After talking to 2 different representatives at 2 different times, they were adamant that they were not going to help reduce the bill at all. So after calling another service provider and having them come and install their service, I called CL back to arrange for them to send me a mailing label to send back their equipment. Well... all of a sudden they wanted to know why we stopped them and if we couldn't continue their service at the same price we were paying. I asked them why they didn't offer that deal the last 2 times I called. I refused and as far as I'm concerned, they screwed themselves. We liked the service and would have gladly kept it if they had offered the reduction to begin with. Right now I have a 2-year contract with my new provider and then I will be expecting to play their game again when this contract runs out.
thank-you for taking the time---did you go with xfinity? they all play games and if you play along and don't take it personally i think you can get more then your neighbors.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I just saw the post about 100 jiggawatts for $45 ish. I just called Comcast and I swear I got disconnected on the call to try and line up service. This is bringing back bad memories, really bad memories. Enough for today. Lets see what tomorrow brings. Good night.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:24 AM
fw102807

We had problems with their billing dept since day one. They sent the bill to the CL email address which is not what we signed up for. We kept getting late notices (which they snail mailed) for bills we never got. When we cancelled it was just as bad and we are still fighting with them. They emailed the final bill to this account we could no longer even access.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:25 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
I pay $75/month for Internet only through Centurylink. It was of course half that for the first year but then shot up. I hate sparring with customer support/retention staff, and renewing at a lower price would no doubt lock me into another 2-year contract.

My current speed is only 20mbps, but the thought of changing numerous online account logins, notifying friends of the new email address, buying a new router, etc. exhausts me. My retrospective advice to myself would be to use an online email service instead of an ISP specific .centurylink or .comcast address.
I don’t mind call8ng once per year to renew the discount to save $40 per month! My last call they volunteered the $45 for life with NO CONTRACT.
Closed Thread

Tags
bill, internet, doubled, morning, survive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.