century link prism problems?

Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2014, 11:12 AM
Unhappy century link prism problems?

Just had Prisim installed and the remote control does not work most of the time. I'm on my second remote already, it's not even been a week, and I am going to the Century Link store for yet another. When I attempt to change channels, the tv does not register the number I press or enters it 2 or 3 times or just enters whatever it wants to. Very frustrated right now, anybody else have these symptoms?
thanks,
Old 12-17-2014, 01:36 PM
Veteran member

I have experienced similar issues, but they've always been operator error on my part. The remote buttons can be a bit persnickety. You have to press the buttons straight on (fingernails can mess you up) and then release in a timely manner. And you have to get all of the numbers punched in quickly as well. For instance, if you are trying to press "155" and you pause slightly between the first and second"5", you might end up turning your TV first to channel 15 and then to channel 5. I have one remote that seems more sensitive than the others, but they are all sensitive to a degree.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
I have experienced similar issues, but they've always been operator error on my part. The remote buttons can be a bit persnickety. You have to press the buttons straight on (fingernails can mess you up) and then release in a timely manner. And you have to get all of the numbers punched in quickly as well. For instance, if you are trying to press "155" and you pause slightly between the first and second"5", you might end up turning your TV first to channel 15 and then to channel 5. I have one remote that seems more sensitive than the others, but they are all sensitive to a degree.
We have Prism and have had no issues. What Skybo said is true though.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:26 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
That's an engineering/design flaw and I would let Century Link know
Old 12-17-2014, 09:07 PM
Veteran member

Century Link customer service is just plain awful. I had an appointment scheduled for tomorrow at noon and got an e mail today they would be here "Sometime between 9 and 5." if that wasn't enough the e mail gave a contact number if there were problems with the appointment that is "busy" and is not being answered. These people are just too arrogant for belief!
Old 12-18-2014, 09:34 AM

thanks everyone, I did go the the Century Link store and they replaced my remote and all is well. They did say "We just got a new batch of remotes in....", so maybe they had a bad lot when I got mine.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Century Link has come to my house 3 times and they came when they said they would and the people who came out were well trained and personable. I have called tech support about 6 times and all but one time I talked to someone who was knowledgeable and quickly addressed the issue. I have had a few issues with the internet connection being dropped occasionally but they have diligently worked it. Overall, I would give them an A- on customer service, the one bad call is why I wouldn't give them an A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp001 View Post
Century Link customer service is just plain awful. I had an appointment scheduled for tomorrow at noon and got an e mail today they would be here "Sometime between 9 and 5." if that wasn't enough the e mail gave a contact number if there were problems with the appointment that is "busy" and is not being answered. These people are just too arrogant for belief!
Old 12-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Veteran member

This was not just a one time occurrence but just the latest. I had my internet disconnected because they gave my phone number away without my permission and was without service for a week. Just try and wade through their phone system to actually speak with a customer service rep and see what a mess it is. I can only say if you gave them an A, your previous service must have been morse code or perhaps Comcast. I'd give century link a D and Comcast a strong F.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I have not had any trouble getting through to a person - just a couple of button pushes and never more than a 1 or 2 minute wait. I call the internet repair number on my monthly bill. I have never had Comcast. Again, with one exception, the people I have spoken with have been excellent and addressed the issue promptly. When I called to provide feedback regarding the one bad experience I had, I got a manager within a couple of minutes and he appreciated that I called to give feedback. You catch my flies with honey than vinegar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp001 View Post
This was not just a one time occurrence but just the latest. I had my internet disconnected because they gave my phone number away without my permission and was without service for a week. Just try and wade through their phone system to actually speak with a customer service rep and see what a mess it is. I can only say if you gave them an A, your previous service must have been morse code or perhaps Comcast. I'd give century link a D and Comcast a strong F.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:01 PM

The only issue we have had with Century Link Prism is occasionally if the tv has been on for a long time, the sound quits working. We have to cycle the channel to get it to work again. Perhaps, it's something to do with the entire system running off wifi.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Yesterday Century Link guy knocked on my door. I left it half open for a reason. I felt badly so I opened it all the way and the guy ask if he could come in as he was already walking in. I thought he was just going to step inside nstead he walked to my kitchen table and began filling out an order. I told him i was not going to subscribe until I investigated further. bottom line is he started out low and by the time we got to what I now have with comcast there was no difference

I have no issues with comcast at this point so i am not moving
Old 12-19-2014, 01:59 PM

Weve had nothing but an excellent experience with Prism. Comcast is the worst and Direct TV was not much better and so expensive. We love Prism. No issues and we have had it for well over a year.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:14 PM

I am here one year, already had Comcast, Verizon & Dish, probably got spoiled with good service in NY. Can hardly for my contract with Dish to expire, all listed providers found them terrible with zero customer response.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromlich View Post
Weve had nothing but an excellent experience with Prism. Comcast is the worst and Direct TV was not much better and so expensive. We love Prism. No issues and we have had it for well over a year.
Bighthouse has raised their rates and I am thinking about switching to Directv.
I can get a definitive rate for the first year but the agents are somewhat indefinite about rates the second year. Could someone please give me an idea of the percentage increase for the second year with Directv? Thanks,
Old 12-27-2014, 06:26 AM
Gold member

What I am wondering is, what made you people take Century Link over the other cable companies? The reason I'm asking, is because I have Comcast now, and paying almost 240.00, and thinking of changing.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.