Century Link Q.com

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2021, 08:32 AM
Default Century Link Q.com

I recently was offered internet, including taxes and modem for $65 per month speed of 970 mb versus the 200mb I currently have
Has anyone signed up for this package from Q.com formerly century link?
I need a reliable responsive company
Like to know if you receive reliable internet
Old 12-01-2021, 09:04 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Q.com is owned by LUMEN also previously known as Centurylink. I have the 200mg service it’s fine stream tv computer and tablet online no issues, 970 mb is overkill. In ten years I may have had 2 outages that I know of 1 issue was fiber unit at side of home other was card at electronics which affected myself and other customer also restoration completed with in hours.
No surprised billing price is locked for life with Centurylink @$45.
DSL service provided Centurylink all new Fiber to home or business will be provided by Quantum Technologies (Q.com)
Old 12-01-2021, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelhunter123 View Post
I recently was offered internet, including taxes and modem for $65 per month speed of 970 mb versus the 200mb I currently have
Has anyone signed up for this package from Q.com formerly century link?
I need a reliable responsive company
Like to know if you receive reliable internet

Yep, $65 a month forever. But, I doubt you will ever achieve 970MB. I haven't, but it IS pretty decent. Mine is reliable too. Not everyone has it available to them, since you have to have the fiber running through your neighborhood. Mine was pretty fast at the beginning but now I am lucky to get 200MB. However, the upload is faster than I have ever seen before. Not that the upload is important to me. All in all, it works fine for TV streaming and that is all that matters to me. Sure is better than Comcast/Xfinity.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

I didn’t even noticed they changed name , I sometimes don’t even look at bill. I’ve had them for many years $45 a month and locked in for lif, only one short outage while they did some work. When I moved in April they showed up on time, I don’t know how many mb I’m getting but it runs my direct tv well and all I have is iPhone and small iPad , I don’t stream anything , tv doesn’t even go on till after 7 except for football, when it comes to electronic anything , ignorance is bliss for me
Old 12-01-2021, 10:52 AM
Veteran member

I have their service. The company is Quantum Fiber, and the cost is $65/month as long as you are with them. They provide the modem for free, and no taxes or fees added to the $65 - just a flat rate of $65.

If you plug in via a hard line, and your device supports the speed, you'll get 940Mbps. Using their free wireless modem, you'll most likely see speeds in the 300Mbps range.

I turned off their wifi on the modem and use NetGear Wifi 6 Orbi mesh routers. I see speeds in the 700Mbps range on most of my devices.

As we see streaming services slowly move to 4K, you'll need this type of speed. 200Mbps is decent, but when I run 2-3 streams at 4K, you'll see buffering begin to occur - it's not just speed, but bandwidth as well. Fiber has far more bandwidth than cable. Cable bandwidth is shared by whoever is on your leg of the cable. Each fiber connection has it's own segment of bandwidth (not shared).

I never had an issue with Comcast, and have never had an issue with Quantum either. When I went to streaming, the cost for Quantum was better and faster than Comcast.

I saw a poster mention they were getting 200Mbps from Quantum for $45 - that is no longer the case. The new price is $49, you have to lease their modem, and there are taxes and fees on top of that. The final price for 200Mbps with taxes and fees was $62.36. For another $2 and some change you get 940Mbps. This is a no brainer.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
I have their service. The company is Quantum Fiber, and the cost is $65/month as long as you are with them. They provide the modem for free, and no taxes or fees added to the $65 - just a flat rate of $65.

If you plug in via a hard line, and your device supports the speed, you'll get 940Mbps. Using their free wireless modem, you'll most likely see speeds in the 300Mbps range.

I turned off their wifi on the modem and use NetGear Wifi 6 Orbi mesh routers. I see speeds in the 700Mbps range on most of my devices.

As we see streaming services slowly move to 4K, you'll need this type of speed. 200Mbps is decent, but when I run 2-3 streams at 4K, you'll see buffering begin to occur - it's not just speed, but bandwidth as well. Fiber has far more bandwidth than cable. Cable bandwidth is shared by whoever is on your leg of the cable. Each fiber connection has it's own segment of bandwidth (not shared).

I never had an issue with Comcast, and have never had an issue with Quantum either. When I went to streaming, the cost for Quantum was better and faster than Comcast.

I saw a poster mention they were getting 200Mbps from Quantum for $45 - that is no longer the case. The new price is $49, you have to lease their modem, and there are taxes and fees on top of that. The final price for 200Mbps with taxes and fees was $62.36. For another $2 and some change you get 940Mbps. This is a no brainer.
Thanks for your input, I will give them a try
Old 12-02-2021, 08:39 AM

We have Quantum fiber $65/month and it's great. Way better than cable.
Closed Thread

Tags
century, internet, link, reliable, q.com

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.