Century Link question

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2021, 07:49 AM
Default Century Link question

I lived in DelaVista. I’ve experienced internet interruptions twice in a week. I’ve called century link tech support each time. The tech does their magic and tells me my internet is up and running and their was an area outage. That explanation seems odd, as it was fixed while I was on the phone with the tech. The last time was this morning (Sunday) around 6am.

So my question is have you experienced outages in the last week?
Old 11-28-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosells View Post
I lived in DelaVista. I’ve experienced internet interruptions twice in a week. I’ve called century link tech support each time. The tech does their magic and tells me my internet is up and running and their was an area outage. That explanation seems odd, as it was fixed while I was on the phone with the tech. The last time was this morning (Sunday) around 6am.

So my question is have you experienced outages in the last week?
No . Live in Pine Hills
Old 11-28-2021, 08:14 AM
Veteran member

Are you on fiber or DSL? I'm on fiber - not a single interruption in 4 years. I have had to restart my modem twice in that 4 years. Sometimes the modem loses sync, and just needs a restart to re-establish a link.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:16 AM
Veteran member

Yes, lots of on and off for 10 to 90 minutes at a time for the last 3 weeks. Same with our 2 neighbors. In Spanish Springs area. Called a tech Wednesday night and was told that there would be an 8 hour "area service interruption". Thursday morning all was OK and has been since then.

Tags
tech, century, week, link, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.