CenturyLink billing practice!!

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2015, 07:19 PM
Default CenturyLink billing practice!!

Is it just me or does CenturyLink drive anyone else crazy?
In the 2 yrs of great service from them my never ending complaint is how they do the billing.
I have never gotten 2 bills ever that have been the same, the rate swings are wild even on vacation mode with no one using anything. I have made so many calls to them and I just can't figure out their system. My other cable provider (same bundle program) charges the same thing every single month unless we watch a movie or have int'l calls etc. If you have any hints in how to deal with them I'd appreciate hearing about them.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:38 PM

I agree...I've had the same problem with them for years. They add charges to my bill that I never ordered, such as caller ID, or computer protection. When I notice it, I call them and they take it off the bill, without any explanation as to how it got on there. Even without the extra charges, the bill varies considerably from month to month.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We haven't had any billing issues but we only have internet service with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecrenshaw View Post
I agree...I've had the same problem with them for years. They add charges to my bill that I never ordered, such as caller ID, or computer protection. When I notice it, I call them and they take it off the bill, without any explanation as to how it got on there. Even without the extra charges, the bill varies considerably from month to month.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:28 PM
Platinum member

We have not had this problem with Century Link. Our bill is the same (too high) bill every month except for ordering a movie.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:50 AM
Gold member

That's a real BIG problem with Comcast also!!! This month was raised 10.00!
Old 01-18-2015, 08:28 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I agree Comcast billing like Century drives you nuts. and it never goes down. comcast has increased their charges for DVR's, adapters and modems. To me it adds insult to injury. Customers have to pay a fee to use their DVR & modem to receive the benefits of their over priced products and often times poor customer service. And when one of these devices goes bad then they tell you to take their equipment to their store where you can wait til the cows come home before you get your turn in line.

There really doesn't seem to be a good alternative at least any that I have heard. One way or another all alternatives will cost you one way or another

Perhaps the FCC's determination to treat these companies like a utility will at least give a consumer the benefit to complain . It certainly will clip their wings. Yea I know it will stifle innovation but then I'm getting desperate
Old 01-18-2015, 08:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

There are a couple of things you can do to lower your CenturyLink bill. Call them and see what the latest deal is. You can ask for a "loyal customer" discount. If you don't get one then call back and try talking to another sales rep. If you switch to auto bill pay you will probably save some money. If you are leasing your router then you can buy it - after about a year you will start saving money. If you have the phone service you can drop it and use a Voice-over-IP phone that uses your internet connection for phone calls. Take a look at Ooma, MagicJack, Vonage, etc. If you are "bundling" services this may not help that much is you loose a bundling discount by dropping the landline. Lastly, you can drop the TV service (if you have it) and stream video via Netflix, Hulu+, etc. and/or use an over-the-air antenna to receive the Orlando stations for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
We have not had this problem with Century Link. Our bill is the same (too high) bill every month except for ordering a movie.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:49 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Doesn't matter which provider you choose, your bill isn't going to get any cheaper. It won't happen.

The biggest expense on our cable bill is carriage fees from sports networks. Back in October, the NBA signed a 9 year TV rights deal with ESPN and TNT for 24 BILLION dollars. That's a 200% increase, good job NBA lawyers. Who pays for that? ESPN isn't paying, the cable provider isn't paying, we'll be paying that tab whether we like it or not.

Call or txt anytime @ (352) 388-1677

Tom@VillagerAV.com
Old 01-18-2015, 10:12 AM
Gold member

Why would anyone rent a modem or router from a cable company??? Do the math and see how much that device is costing you over time $7 x12 x ???. Just buy one online an own it. Same goes with cable phone service for $30 month when you could buy a device like Ooma for $99 and your monthly phone bill is $3.49 (Fed Tax).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.