CenturyLink dropouts

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2013, 06:59 AM
Gold member
Default CenturyLink dropouts

I am experiencing an increase in the frequency of very short disconnections in my internet - usually less than a minute, but long enough to be disruptive.

My neighbor has likewise, and is thinking of cancelling his TV service through CenturyLink because of it.

Another neighbor had them come out (I don't know how he managed that, as I always reach some time-waster in a different State - any suggestions?) and they put in a new CenturyLink modem (even though his own one was relatively new and had been working fine)

Anyone else out there experiencing this problem?

Thank you
Old 03-24-2013, 07:13 AM
Veteran member

Yes, last week we were getting a dropped connection, usually around 8-9 AM. Lasted about an hour.
Its not your modem.
Try re-booting your modem. Sometimes reconnecting through a different IP address works sometimes not...
Old 03-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Default Century Link

What neighborhood do you live in? I always had the same problem when I lived in the V ill age of Caroline. I've moved to Mission Hills and no longer have the problem.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunglow View Post
What neighborhood do you live in? I always had the same problem when I lived in the V ill age of Caroline. I've moved to Mission Hills and no longer have the problem.
The Village of Spruce Creek South, for me...
Old 03-24-2013, 07:49 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to RETIREDSFW

I have century link & lost internet on thursday. I disconnected the modem & reconnected & the internet came back on. Village of santo domingo.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Platinum member

We have been experiencing this off and on for 3 weeks now, with no decipherable pattern to the instances. It can be maddening. We have Comcast, not Century Link, so the problem is not the individual provider.

It has been during this time that connecting to TOTV has been hit or miss for many, but that has no pattern either, for when others were having trouble, my access was fine, and vice versa.

Rebooting my modem helps sometimes, but only for short spans of time.
The last day or so, all is well at our house.
We are in Tamarind Grove and some of our neighbors have had problems as well, but not all. Provider doesn't seem to be a factor.

My computer is a Mac and is more affected than my hubby's PC.
Weird.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:12 AM

The last couple of weeks we also have had to reboot our modem. We have Comcast .
Old 03-24-2013, 09:03 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunglow View Post
De La Vista

Rebooting modem would not help me as the dropout is so brief
Old 03-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Default tech support

I'm not from this area but Century Link has EXCELLENT tech support and can
see from your modem history if there is a problem with your modem/router. If your neighbors are all experinceing problems--- it won't be in your home. Call them and let them check it out. I'm sure there is no charge to analyze this. Power outages or hits are always a problems with routers and rebooting and/or power cycling is often necessary. Good Luck, sorry I don't have a number for your tech support. Since you are online now , go to CenturyLink.com and start there.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by er9027 View Post
I'm not from this area but Century Link has EXCELLENT tech support ...
I have tried calling CenturyLink several times and each time I get an idiot at the other end of the phone who hasn't a clue what to suggest, so generally suggests the obvious (is your computer plugged in? etc. etc.) before giving up.

Does anyone have a "local" contact number for CenturyLink?

Thank you
Old 03-24-2013, 10:14 AM
Veteran member

I'm on my computer all day long for work and other than Century Link being very slow, I'm having no access or continuity problems with anything except for TOTV.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Veteran member

I live in Village of Belvedere-- Have Century Link----since around March 9--I have had to reboot my modem at least once a day. We had Direct TV hooked up about the same time and I was thinking it might have something to do with that since you can go to NBC demand, etc., and it uses your internet to download/record. Guess it isn't Direct TV since others are having same problem. Once I reboot my modem, it comes back on. I also couldn't access TOTV for two days as others have stated in another thread.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:26 AM

I am unable to connect a lot to this site only. Have Centurylink and mobile AT&T. At same time, I'm able to connect to other sites without difficulty.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.