CenturyLink Outage

Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2018, 10:32 PM
Default CenturyLink Outage

CenturyLink land line has been out of service at our home in Santiago since at least 8 PM. It could have started much earlier. High speed fiber optic internet is OK.

Is anybody else having an outage with CenturyLink land line? Any idea what the problem is? Trying to deal with customer service via cell phone has been agonizing.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

When it is just billing problems that they are dealing with then it’s rough to get through. When there is an outage then it’s agonizing. I always looked up for whatever the problem was on the CenturyLink Outage Map. If your internet is down put the cell phone where it uses its own Data and Google their site. As of this second the east coast is marked in yellow. That’s not good. If you want to take agonizing to the next level change to Comcast. Good Luck.
Old 12-24-2018, 07:52 AM

Thanks for the reply. Land line is working again this morning. They were supposed to send a text to my cell phone when it was fixed and of course no text message waiting this morning. They asked for my cell phone number last night "to call me back if we got disconnected" while talking with the technician. I called them twice, got disconnected twice, and of course no call back on the cell phone. What an outfit.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:16 AM
Default Re: Century link and comcast

As far as businesses with the most complaints internet providers are at the top of the list.
The good thing for century link and comcast is that neither is particularly good.
Might be wise to keep a diary of when your service is out. You likely have a contract with a cancellation clause. If, they can charge you for violating your contract seems to me they are in violation when they don't or can't provide the service they are billing you for.
Closed Thread

Tags
centurylink, service, land, outage, line

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.