CenturyLink and Talk of The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2018, 04:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Team View Post
CenturyLink admits it was an issue they are having and their only solution was for any customer that has an issue to call into CenturyLink customer service and they would have to have their customer reconfigure their router.

But many users have thought our site was down and it wasn't.

We wish we could do more to help those customers who have been trying to access TOTV and haven't. Glad to hear at least some CL customers are able to get on. I wonder if it is owned vs leased routers?

Regards,
Is ultrasurf.com a safe site to use until CL fixes the problem?
Old 04-19-2018, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I have Century Link without a modem, we have fiber optic, but I use a Liskys 1200 Router because the CL jack is in the kitchen and for our smart TV. Last week when I would click on TOTV in my favorites the site would not come up until I refreshed the page 2 or 3 times and then it would appear. Once I was on the site, if I clicked on a thread, it would not come up until I refreshed that page a couple of times. Since about Monday it has been working normal.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Since last fall. We swore we never would but the only other option we had was CL over DSL and it was beyond awful. We only have it for internet access and phone.
I really appreciate your answer and am also interested in the Xfinity Cell service. Has that been working well for you? Do you need a "Booster" in your home for great cell reception?

I can't believe I'm considering this after the beating we got up north but I trust what you are saying greatly.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:15 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I really appreciate your answer and am also interested in the Xfinity Cell service. Has that been working well for you? Do you need a "Booster" in your home for great cell reception?

I can't believe I'm considering this after the beating we got up north but I trust what you are saying greatly.
We do not have the cell service. We still have a land line.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Is ultrasurf.com a safe site to use until CL fixes the problem?
I think you have something there Tomwed. Ultrasurf got me to the front page of TOTV's when CL wouldn't allow that. The only problem with ultra soft was it kept popping up even when I didn't want to see it. It's always something, correct?

I'm better off making Tamales and Tacos then troubleshooting computer problems. I will no longer accept help from certain people on technical services. I'm not racist its just I cant understand them and they make believe they understand me. So its a mess. I've been told I speak with a NY/NJ flair. I don't know what their talking about, Fugetaboutit.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhallam View Post
done that but still occasionally have a dns problem. i do suspect the router they gave me when I gave up prism is not the greatest. Due for a price increase from CL this month and will be switching to (ugh) Xfinity. Fastest speed I can get from CL is 25 Mbs in my neighborhood (St. Charles) due to copper.
Did you try flushing the DNS?
Old 04-19-2018, 05:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
We do not have the cell service. We still have a land line.
I'm going to in person and do it tomorrow. What a shame.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I tried flushing the whole thing, I was slightly heated.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:23 PM
fw102807

Quote:
I'm going to in person and do it tomorrow. What a shame.
??? Sorry I do not understand. What is a shame?
Old 04-19-2018, 06:07 PM

I occasionally have problems getting on TOTV. We own our router and have the fiber optic line from CL and I use Safari to access TOTV. We have to unplug everything on occasion to reboot the whole system in order to get the internet speed we are paying for which is a pain as it knocks out everything including our MCell AT&T cell phone booster. There is no way I will call CL and have them reconfigure my personal router. CL either gets it act together or we will take our internet business elsewhere.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:49 AM
Sage

We configure our router, also fixed "youtube" on our smart TV
Old 04-20-2018, 04:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
??? Sorry I do not understand. What is a shame?
All this technology is great but really tests your nerves when it is one problem after another. The shame is the wasted time and now the disconnection of one company and the rules and now a contract. It is terrible. I hope Comcast doesn't let us down. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
flushing---i thought you wrote flashing--that's completely different and doesn't work---never mind
Old 04-20-2018, 05:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
All this technology is great but really tests your nerves when it is one problem after another. The shame is the wasted time and now the disconnection of one company and the rules and now a contract. It is terrible. I hope Comcast doesn't let us down. Thanks for the advice.
Did you already switch companies?
Old 04-20-2018, 06:32 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying. Yes technology can be a pain when it doesn't work right. I do hope you like Comcast. We were very pleasantly surprised, especially when we had service recently. Two days after the techs left a supervisor stopped by to check that everything was ok. They were polite on time and fixed our issue.
Closed Thread

Tags
centurylink, logging, villages, trouble, talk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.