Championsship Golf south of 44?

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2019, 06:56 AM
Default Championsship Golf south of 44?

Are there plans for any Championship Golf Courses in the new South sections south of 44?
I can't believe with the amount of area being developed that there wouldn't already be 1 with a few more in the plans.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:29 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Yes, I'm not sure of the location but I believe Goldwingnut can pinpoint it, check some of his earlier drone flight posts, I think he mentioned it in one of them.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:33 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

We will only know when the developer decides to announce it. They have no obligation to tell any of us the development plans and any speculations at this point on what they are planning would be foolish unless you are a part of the inner circle.

Enjoy what we have now, it’s still one of the best places on the planet to retire. If more is to come it will only be better for everyone.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 06-17-2019, 10:34 AM
Sage

On 2/5/19 an article describing development of 924 acres north of the turnpike and south of Warm Springs to the Lake County line with the centerpiece being a championship golf course with homes on both sides of it, there is an outline showing the 928 acres that run south of the water treatment facility currently under construction. You can google "The Villages Southern Oaks Championship Golf Course" to see the article you will also see one from 2017 that places it just east of the turnpike plaza that is part of the 924 acres.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:39 PM
Veteran member

It really isn't much to it the way the developer creates a golf course -- is to take of empty feld dig about 60 holes--- Fill holes with sand -- Pick out 18 circular spots in the field and mow the grass close. Put 18 sticks in the ground with flags on top of the sticks... Bingo
Old 06-18-2019, 06:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,933 Times in 2,703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
It really isn't much to it the way the developer creates a golf course -- is to take of empty feld dig about 60 holes--- Fill holes with sand -- Pick out 18 circular spots in the field and mow the grass close. Put 18 sticks in the ground with flags on top of the sticks... Bingo
???? Is that REALLY what is involved in creating a Championship Golf course. It is more about designing a nice and desirable to play course that can be surrounded by many premium priced home building sites. However, the lack of Championship Golf south of 44 proves that "the field of dreams" is a false premise. The new motto seems to be, "if we don't build it, they will still come anyways", and we will have more land left to build more homes!
Old 06-18-2019, 08:25 PM

Perhaps they have a better idea of what future retirees will desire and golf may not be at the top of the list. Sometimes as we age, we can think we know it all when we can still be learning. When I see all the walking paths they are putting in, I think they are preparing for the next wave of retirees who may value other activities above just golf. I’m old enough to remember 3 martini business lunches and also young enough to have worked out during lunch at work. Times change and so should the Developer if they want The Villages to remain relevant.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:44 AM
Sage

I don't think there is a shortage of golf down here, there are 4 executive courses open and another one nearly ready to open and yet another in the beginning stages, we have the pitch & putt, and the Championship course location has been announced. That's not bad for a little over 2 years. The amenities down here are numerous and when Everglades opens there will be just about everything here and more than what is available north of 44. I don't think they can build any faster than they are now.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

I think is is great how the Village personalities evolve over time as they develop new communities. More choices and opportunities for all.
Closed Thread

Tags
south, plans, golf, developed, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.