Chapman Loop

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Default Chapman Loop

We’ve noticed the police have been setting up with binoculars watching for people running the stop signs and speeding on Chapman Loop for the past several weeks. There was also an electronic speed sign placed in an individual’s driveway for a few days. Several of us were curious as to why this was happening for such a long period of time. We were told at the Sheriff’s Dept this morning that the people living on Chapman Loop had signed a petition to have their street patrolled more often. Officers were assigned the task. Unfortunately, these same Officers were harassed by an individual for doing what the Officers were petitioned to do. So, if you’re driving on this road make sure to stop at the stop sign and watch your speed. As there are many more serious crimes to be addressed, we do not quite understand why people would want to take up such a significant amount of the officers’ time, as well as inflict hardship and expense on their neighbors, but that seems to be the case.

Bob
Old 04-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Veteran member

Why would they want to "inflict hardship and expense on neighbors?"

I would guess the reason is that people were running the stop signs and were speeding on the street.

In The Villages, the speed limits are monitored pretty strictly and speeding tickets are quite expensive. Best idea is to go the speed limit - no faster.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Why would they want to "inflict hardship and expense on neighbors?"

I would guess the reason is that people were running the stop signs and were speeding on the street.

In The Villages, the speed limits are monitored pretty strictly and speeding tickets are quite expensive. Best idea is to go the speed limit - no faster.
That was my thought too. People tend to create their own hardships...
Old 04-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Today on my way to a meeting a red pick up truck blew through a stop sign and narrowly missed me in my little golf cart. He probably wouldn't be injured but I would be. Not stopping at stop signs is a dangerous idea and should be ticketed.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default So confused and disappointed!

This civilized society within which we live has stumbled into a quagmire of oxymoronic behavior. We demand the police enforce the laws; then we cry "foul" when they enforce them too well.

We complain that the streets are not safe; then we condemn those that make an extra effort to see that law enforcement does their jobs to make the streets safer.

We are so conflicted that we blame someone else (anyone else) when we get a ticket for a moving violation.

A driver who chooses to ignore a law is also choosing to pay the price if he is caught. It is devoid of logic to blame a fellow taxpayer/neighbor who cares enough to ask for the law enforcement for which we all are taxed.

Is anyone else confused?

Last edited by Indydealmaker; 04-18-2011 at 06:05 PM. Reason: proofreading
Old 04-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

sounds like a sincere effort by the police to respond to a reasonable citizen request.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Veteran member

Don't know where Chapman Loop is but I have seen more than my share of people in cars, trucks and golfcarts blow through signs down here! I've often wanted to come up on one of them and ask them..."Do you know what that red oxigon sign says and do you know what it means?" Also have wanted to do the same for the yellow triangle signs. Saw someone blow through a "circle of death" today without stopping and almost cutting someone off in the round-about. No wonder we hear sirens going all day long here in our beautiful community!!!
I agree that too many people are all about themselves and don't care about the other guy...unless of course the other guy gets in their way!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Gold member
Default driving

One thing I learned,living in "the villages", you must have a sense of humor driving here. Have you ever seen so many people driving cars and golf carts "that do not have a clue". From cars going the wrong way on street,to driving thru tunnels.Always something new. You just have to shake your head.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.