Is a charge for Town Square Entertainment close at hand??

Closed Thread
Old 12-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Default Re: Is a charge for Town Square Entertainment close at hand??

I can't see the developer leaving at all (where did this 2010 come in)all building will not be finished at least until 2013,possibly later.
Secondly the developer owns most of the business buildings and rents them out,he has a huge investment here with all that he owns,why would he want to leave.
If by some ridiculous chance the developer should leave and sell all his holdings here,investors would buy it and continue to run the the place themselves,possibly not as good as it is run now,or it could be run better.
Restaurants would still have to be competitive and keep their prices in line,the same for the stores, and all the rest of the businesses in TV.
When thinking about 15 years or so into the future,that is going to be tough to figure,after we are not going to live forever.
I know prices rise every year(amenities,gas,electric,booze,shows etc)after all when we were working, we wanted raises every year also,and when we got the raise it was passed on to the consumer.
So enjoy the time you have left here and do not be so critical about the little things.
PS, I am not rich,nor have any connection to the developer,I am just a retired blue collar worker trying to enjoy the 10/15 years of life,if that long.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:38 AM

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Is this how rumors get started at TV?
Old 12-06-2007, 02:04 AM

I remember reading an article a while back in the Daily Sun I don't remember all the details but I do recall that the various restaurants (other businesses?) paid for the entertainment and since then I have made it a point to visit restaurants inside tv when we go out.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Veteran member

To AUTOSHOW:

Thank You !

:bigthumbsup:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 12-06-2007, 04:09 PM

To AutoShow................right on. There are too many critics in TV, and rumor mongers, too. There is no other place where things are so great, and when you critics were up North, was everything done to your liking? I think not. Did you look to your developer up there to solve everything, or baby you? I think not. By the way, the merchants pay for the entertainment; and people can find out where their amenities go by attending the CDD meetings.
Why spend your "rest of your life" fussing................ENJOY!!!!
As for paying for tables for New Year's, would you rather see all the tables taken up by people who get there at the crack of dawn and save them? This happens at every event, so to me, paying for tables evens out the playing field.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryconnie
To AutoShow................right on. There are too many critics in TV, and rumor mongers, too. There is no other place where things are so great, and when you critics were up North, was everything done to your liking? I think not. Did you look to your developer up there to solve everything, or baby you? I think not. By the way, the merchants pay for the entertainment; and people can find out where their amenities go by attending the CDD meetings.
Why spend your "rest of your life" fussing................ENJOY!!!!
As for paying for tables for New Year's, would you rather see all the tables taken up by people who get there at the crack of dawn and save them? This happens at every event, so to me, paying for tables evens out the playing field.
You are my new BEST friend!!!!
Old 12-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbsoccer
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Is this how rumors get started at TV?
I was told early on that TV is a community of rumors. If you do not hear a good rumor by 10:00 AM, you are obligated by community covenants to start one.

After reading so many of the posts in this thread and others that proclaim with absolute certainty that "the developer" does this or that, owns various stuff, gets amenity fees, etc., I'm reminded once again how important it is that everyone attend the CDD course. Remember that TV is a legal governmental entity (or entities, actually). It is restricted by government regulation. (By the by, that's why some Villages vehicle qualify for Florida government license plates. But I digress. . . ) Much of what we attribute to the developer is actually the responsibility of one or more of the development districts. The CDD concept is confusing as :edit: even if you've attended the course. It's impossible without it.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 12-06-2007, 06:41 PM

If I can't understand it, I don't trust it. That is why I don't want to live in a CDD!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:10 PM

My friend does not live in a CCD but in a resident owned community called Continental Country Club. Give me a CCD anytime. The pool was not heated and in poor shape--finally is heated and redone.
They have a terrible time finding anyone to run the restaurant and bar. In the last two years it has shut down for long periods of times. Right now the restaurant is open but not the bar. They say it will open before long. There are other things but enough for me to be against resident owned.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Sage

mejahu - Why are you on this forum if you don't live here or aren't interested in TV?

Just wondering.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejahu
If I can't understand it, I don't trust it. That is why I don't want to live in a CDD!
It is the most debilitating attitide I can imagine: to close one's mind because of lack of understanding. At one time none of us understood anything of this world. I still don't understand most things. But I still listen to reason and am oftentimes motiviated to find out instead of remaining in ignorance. Accurate information is readily accessible about CDDs. It's only a matter of wanting to know.

How many of us are fully knowledgeable about how cities are run? Not many. But how many of us live or have lived in one?
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 12-07-2007, 12:06 AM

That is a fair question. I wanted to live in Florida and have followed TV because of their advertising they sent to me. When this forum started I was very glad to be able to read what people living there had to say and very much appreciate the willingness to answer questions about what I consider important to making a decision. I did not see, and still don't, how CDD's and the some of the ways in which the rules and fees operate are in the interest of the retirees. That seems to be the case when it comes to condo ownership outside TV as well, so I'm just trying to understand what the upside vs. the downside is. Not trying to start a range war. Hope this makes some sense?
Old 12-07-2007, 02:42 AM
Veteran member

Mejahu -- Have you visited TV? Before you make up your mind one way or another, you really should spend time there -- a month if you can. I've got to tell you that I was never going to live in an "old people" place, I hated Florida (except that it is easy to get to and warm), and there were lots of better things we could find to do with our money. We bought last spring. So much for my "I would nevers".

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 12-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Autoshow......suggest you lighten-up. This thread was not started as a rumor or ever intended to be critical of anyone or any organization. The sky is not falling. It was clearly meant to be a thought provocating question to encourage the "what-ifs". To voice ones opinion pro or con on any subject is just that... his or her opinion. Granted taken to an extreme (on either side) could be viewed as critical or supportive, but that is not the issue here. No one is critical of anything and I certainly said I dont know the answer......if someone had some facts about the issue I, and Im sure many others would certainly like to hear them.

The participants on this board should be allowed AND ENCOURAGED to provide their honest and free opinions to questions that are of interest to TV residents, otherwise we can all simply read the Village Sun.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline
Who really thinks that the daily entertainment we now have at the town squares will be free when the developer leaves?? It is no differnet than charging for tables and seats for New Years although that could be considered by some a safety or crowd control issue.

Be honest here, someone has to pay for the bands and DJs and they are not cheap. My bet is more likely than not we can expect another amenity fee (probably not until after 2010) like we have for recreation but this one will be for entertainment......AND rather than havings entertainment 7 days a week at each town square, it could rotate town squares to keep costs down.

Am I right or wrong :dontknow: ???
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.