Charter Communications to purchase Bright House

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2015, 10:37 AM
Sage
Default Charter Communications to purchase Bright House

Reported by Reuters. Charter will buy Bright House in $10bil deal. Hope this doesn't affect the well-liked service for those below 466A.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:59 AM
Gold member

I agree. I have had great service.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:15 PM

I love Brighthouse, no problems in Hillsborough!!
Old 03-31-2015, 12:30 PM

Remember when Monopoly was a bad word? This deal only goes through if Comcast is allowed to buy Time Warner.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:10 PM
Platinum member

I could use a four letter expletive
Old 03-31-2015, 06:35 PM
Veteran member

We had Charter Communication for 15 years, had great reception, and service. For the same 15 years, in a different location, we had Comcast. By far, Charter was better in every area, including cost.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:02 PM
Default Verizon Reception

I live in Bonita which is just North of 466A in a stucco house. I was dropping Verizon calls regularly. Verizon wanted to sell a "booster" for $249.00. Fortunately my employer commercial account was able to provide this for n/c,

Since receiving the booster which connect to the internet I have had no problems.

My question is, if I had to pay for the booster, why should I pay for Verizon's inadequacy?
Old 04-01-2015, 04:25 AM
Sage

Interestingly enough, Comcast (everybody's favorite) purchased Charter last year.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:20 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Interestingly enough, Comcast (everybody's favorite) purchased Charter last year.
What you might be talking about is Comcast spinning off 2.5million customers to Charter to waylay FTC concerns over the Comcast/Time Warner merger. Comcast did not buy Charter.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:40 AM

I had Charter for about 4 years when north and didn't have a problem with them accept once on a bad DVR box. Their customer service isn't the best, but their picture quality, internet speeds (at that time), and phone was very good.
I now have Brighthouse and have had nothing but issues from day one. I have had 3 bad boxes and they tell me I need it upgraded each time. It continues to not give channels guides often. I lose all my DVR movies recorded when they change boxes. The internet is sloooow but paying for the higher service speed. They will tell you they are aware of the problem in the area and they are working on it. In the meantime, their is no credit for the slower service. I needed (2) digital boxes and customer service told me I needed to pay $7/box for HD vs. the $2 box. When the tech came out, he was "frustrated" because he said no, I do not need to pay the extra $10 for the 2, it comes with HD. The techs try to be nice but they still talk about the poor communications with them. I have had my phone number changed without them telling me. Before I could get it BACK they gave it to someone else who were getting my calls.
My picture at least once or more per day freezes, pixelates. The internet goes down or the wi-fi. The tech says the Echo would not work any better than the wi-fi booster I have now.
I could go on and on.. But, bring on Charter. At least you get what you pay for in service at the same prices. Oh. When my 2 year contract was up, they raised the rates $20.00. They will tell you we don't negotiate, that's the going price. At least with Charter/Comcast, when you call they will give you a different package, sometimes better at the same rate or close
Old 04-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Email Reported As Spam

In my view Comcast is the best of this short list of oligopolies. In general I am for unbundling the TV channels and pick what I watch. I am against the need to pay rental on their equipment so they can have the privilege to beam their over price products to me.

On th other hand Comcast has done right by me thus far
Old 04-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Location: Village of Dunedin, Keller Tx, Tulsa Ok, Chicago Il, Milwaukee Wi

Charter internet only price is much cheaper.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Platinum member

I just hope we don't lose channel 13 news.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 04-24-2015, 01:25 PM
Platinum member

It was reported today that Comcast has called off its merger with Time Warner. That probably means the Charter/Bright House merger will not happen.

Comcast, Time Warner Cable nix $45B merger deal
Old 04-24-2015, 04:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
It was reported today that Comcast has called off its merger with Time Warner. That probably means the Charter/Bright House merger will not happen.

Comcast, Time Warner Cable nix $45B merger deal
Reports are that Charter will need to complete the BrightHouse transaction in order to move forward with its stated desire to merge with Time Warner. Analysts believe that the combined Charter/BrightHouse company will be able to borrow sufficient finds to acquire Time Warner. Talks have already begun on Charter/Time Warner merger.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.