State license plates on Neighborhood watch trucks???? How is that possible

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2007, 08:12 AM
Founder
Default State license plates on Neighborhood watch trucks???? How is that possible

You'll notice that there are Florida State License plates on the Villages neighborhood watch trucks. That must also mean they are owned and insured by the state. I don't believe the state hands out their license plates to private individuals. :dontknow: I don't believe the state would allow non state employees to drive their vehicles.

So I guess that means that the taxpayers of the state of Florida are paying for our neighborhood watch. I think that is wonderful. :#1:
Old 08-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Platinum member
Default Re: State license plates on Neighborhood watch trucks???? How is that possible

I'm sure I heard once that they're state plates because the VCCD and SLCCD (or however the acronyms go) are, in fact, governmental organizations under Chapter 190! But, not a municipality, nor county so must be state!? :dontknow:
Old 08-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Gold member
Default Re: State license plates on Neighborhood watch trucks???? How is that possible

swrinfla :
Believe you had the same thought that was conveyed to me about the VCCDD and SLCDD mistakenly being called "quasi-governments" at one of Pete Wahl's CDD Schools hosted by Monica Anderson. They are real governments only lacking in a police force. :cop:
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.