Check your Credit Card Statements

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I do the same thing to. It makes it easier to remember but I keep all receipts until the CC bill is received. The suggestion of "IN CASH" in the tip line is great.

When writting out checks, I make sure there is a line before the amount witten. This does not allow anyone to change the amount on the check.
For instance, if a check is ten dollars, I don't leave room for someone to insert one hundred ten dollars. Someone at a bank gave me this tip and I never had a problerm.

We all need to be careful as some people are very inventive in thinking up scams.
Good tip - I do the same.

Xavier
Old 02-28-2012, 01:28 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
About a year ago, it seems to me, there was a waiter at one of our favorite restaurants who added a little to his tip on a regular basis. Management heeded customer calls and the young man was doing the perp-walk out of the place within a day or two. They did not hesitate to call the law. Wal-Mart does this as policy because it puts the fear of God and the law into the hearts of all of their employees.

Luckily I've never had a problem in The Villages such as has been described here. When we dine out I always use my credit card, always put the tip on the bill and always make sure the total comes to an even dollar amount. For instance, the bill comes to $19.93, I'd add $4.07 as the tip and that brings the total to $24.00. It makes it very easy to see something that might be amiss when I'm checking the bills.

I check my charge cards and banking accounts on-line daily. It has become such a routine that it takes me less than 5 or 10 minutes. I do this right after I check the obits up north to make sure I'm okay.

Xavier
I do the same thing but make it come out to .75 ending always easy if you pick a change number to scan the bill for total fraud charges from resturants but you still have to check for an extra dollar or ten.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:31 AM
Default Good News

Just herd back from credit card company. The made contact with the restaurants and resolved the problem,and will credit my account the overcharges. I will check to make shure they have. Now I hope that they are aware that people are checking there statments, the people who do this will not do it in the future.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.