Chief Tucker going home

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2014, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Not that simple in this case. He adopted an older child. These kids come with many issues and corporal punishment rarely works. Sadly, for some of these kids, nothing really works. If they have attachment issues (so very common), there is no therapy or medication to help them. The best you can do is hope that some of your values stick and that they become at least semi-productive adults. Not a happy situation. I wish Chief Tucker and his family the best. At the very least, he got the attention of Family Services and that might just open a few doors to help him guide his son through teen-agedom.
Good that people are taking a patient response to this.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I can't imagine there would be any issues. This was a family matter. It will be resolved in family court. If it affects his job, there is something seriously wrong with the system.

BTW -- what does Janet Tutt or The Villages have to do with letting him get back to work? Doesn't he work for the County? (Per The Villages News: "Boylston also indicated that he would be contacting District Manager Janet Tutt to ensure that his client is fully reinstated in his job.")
I think the fire department is under the public safety department, which is The Villages, not the county, and is overseen by Janet Tutt.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I think the fire department is under the public safety department, which is The Villages, not the county, and is overseen by Janet Tutt.
You are correct, here is the org chart.
Village Community Development Districts
Old 03-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I want that man where he has always been. I fully support his return to his job.
I agree. Of what I have seen, he is a good public servant (hate that word). Seems like he has done a great job for TV.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.