Child Endangerment

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2016, 12:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Don't care, not my kids doing that to my grandkids, nor would they be as stupid.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Our 11 year old granddaughter visited us and wanted to drive the cart. I told her, sorry you must be 14.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Neither of them were allowed to drive our golf cart until they were 14.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:24 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Thanks, barefoot!!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2016, 01:42 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by circletrack View Post
I'm assuming it has more to do with the law than safety.
My boys always wore helmets, were supervised and grew up on a rural farm, where these practices are accepted and expected. My point was they were responsible drivers, could have easily driven golf carts, and didn't because we followed the rules.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2016, 05:43 AM
Sage

Everyone should know that if a child under 14 is caught driving a cart the infraction is recorded by the DMV and that child will not be allowed to get a drivers license when it hey are 16. I think they have to wait another ther two years
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 11-28-2016, 06:22 AM
Sage

When they go back to their home state, they will be charged with being an unlicensed operator , when they apply for a driver's license

However; the endangerment is when you have a child unrestrained in a golf cart, when if they were in a CAR they would have to be in a child seat or booster seat-considering a car has air bags, a real structure than is designed to mitigate impact.

Got carts are truly death traps for children & small adults--they have no inherent safety features.
Old 11-28-2016, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
My boys always wore helmets, were supervised and grew up on a rural farm, where these practices are accepted and expected. My point was they were responsible drivers, could have easily driven golf carts, and didn't because we followed the rules.
Same here.

Mine (sons and daughter) were raised riding dirt bikes, 4-wheelers, go-carts and snowmachines...with the appropriate PPE of course.

They were also restricted to the less powerful machines at first...which were age appropriately designed.

While there is no question in my mind that they could safely operate golf carts (better than a large number of current elderly drivers), they would not have been allowed to drive here because of one thing...the law/rules.

Not to mention that current golf carts, especially those without seat belts...are much more dangerous than what they learned to ride/drive.
Old 11-28-2016, 07:57 AM
Sage

There is a video of golf cart crash tests carried out by the European saftey association, the tests were conducted @ 31mph--very revealing, the dummies were strapped in--any child in the vehicle IMHO would be killed, especially if held on the lap of any occupant

The final conclusion is" these vehicles are not designed to share roads with cars"
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cart, small, children, cool

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.