Children in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2016, 07:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I read the online paper & The Sun and let me say this. Yea there are young adults living here that get in trouble but lately there have been quite a few older people getting in trouble also. As for outside TV kids we have no control over them period. Have you looked at rents in the area ? Kids living with their parents in TV in some cases is a necessity for both the parents and the child. With the amount of people living in TV growing on a daily basis I think our troubles are very small compared to the surrounding area.
As for sex offenders and the likes look online most are older people.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Back to OPs original question. Do you mean under the age of 18 how many live here. Or is the question how many live here over the age of 19. My cousins two daughters both over the age of 19 have lived here for over 10 years.

I know GG has a daughter that lives with them too. Why such a concern over people who have young adults living with them who may need their help with care or other issues. Not all over the age of 19 are bad people that live here. Just curious as to the balance of age.?

When we fill out our surveys is the question on our surveys of ages in the house ? I don't remember.

Thank you for pointing this out. Our Helene has Williams Syndrome and has retired after a long career working at McDonalds. She is 52. (Her father and I are 39. It's the NEW math. ) She is a joy and a treasure and such a wonderful person to live with. She has never been arrested, doesn't drink, take drugs or smoke, and is an all 'round blessing. I think people are aware that there are some folks who live with us here in The Villages who are very special and kind and good and caring and not troublemakers at all.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	000_2554.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	644.1 KB
ID:	63265  
Old 10-25-2016, 10:25 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,611 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Thank you for pointing this out. Our Helene has Williams Syndrome and has retired after a long career working at McDonalds. She is 52. (Her father and I are 39. It's the NEW math. ) She is a joy and a treasure and such a wonderful person to live with. She has never been arrested, doesn't drink, take drugs or smoke, and is an all 'round blessing. I think people are aware that there are some folks who live with us here in The Villages who are very special and kind and good and caring and not troublemakers at all.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-25-2016, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
Does anyone have any idea how many children live with parents, grandparent's in the Villages? Could it be more than 10,000?
I base my answer to your question based on my street which has 120 homes on it with one home with a over 19 year old helping out the parents and one house with the parents helping out a over 19 year old child. I wouldn't mind if my neighbor was helping out very young grandchildren at all. I never signed anything to make me the enforcement here, not on this issue anyway.

My answer to your question is no. Adult children with parents can be a very beautiful thing. Just ask Mrs. Gracie.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Although admission comes with a mild pang...I actually agree with you on this one.
Whoa...I may have to rethink my position!!

Heheh...I knew there was a good, caring heart underneath that 'Cold' exterior!!
Old 10-25-2016, 01:00 PM

When I started this post I was just curious on how many over the age of 19 are here. I have no issue whatsoever with any over 19 living here. I was just looking for a number. It sure has given me a lesson in villagers ideas on how things should be in their mind.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
When I started this post I was just curious on how many over the age of 19 are here. I have no issue whatsoever with any over 19 living here. I was just looking for a number. It sure has given me a lesson in villagers ideas on how things should be in their mind.
Thanks for the clarification. At this time I do not believe that there is an official count of how many adults over the age of 19 live in the villages.

TV would know how many hold resident passes if they live here permanently. I believe the GGs daughter has a blue residence pass that is good for three years as does my cousins daughters, but I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure that the villages has an account for all passes but it is just not posted. As I stated before I don't remember if ages were put on our surveys but I don't think that information is posted either. That does not count the 19 plus olds that have temporary IDs and how long they stay for since you can renew every 30 days.

So not sure you will ever have an exact answer, just speculation.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Thanks for the clarification. At this time I do not believe that there is an official count of how many adults over the age of 19 live in the villages.

TV would know how many hold resident passes if they live here permanently. I believe the GGs daughter has a blue residence pass that is good for three years as does my cousins daughters, but I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure that the villages has an account for all passes but it is just not posted. As I stated before I don't remember if ages were put on our surveys but I don't think that information is posted either. That does not count the 19 plus olds that have temporary IDs and how long they stay for since you can renew every 30 days.

So not sure you will ever have an exact answer, just speculation.
Our daughter is a Villager, with her name on the deed.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:58 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs up Change Your Attitude!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I base my answer to your question based on my street which has 120 homes on it with one home with a over 19 year old helping out the parents and one house with the parents helping out a over 19 year old child. I wouldn't mind if my neighbor was helping out very young grandchildren at all. I never signed anything to make me the enforcement here, not on this issue anyway.

My answer to your question is no. Adult children with parents can be a very beautiful thing. Just ask Mrs. Gracie.
Two wonderful posts that make the combination of kids and parents a great team.
Without knowing the number, I know there are many more young adults in this same situation, living under one roof with their parents.
I truly feel that they contribute to the betterment of the community.

Instead of all the nay sayers bitching and moaning, get out there and do something constructive.
Maybe some of these parents you complain about need some help or even just a soft shoulder once in a while!
Old 10-25-2016, 09:00 PM
Sage

Quote:

And she is already a well known and beloved Villager

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2016, 09:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Dr. Scholl's makes toothpaste now. It's for people who live with their foot in their mouth. It's always better to live and let live. How did this go from a question about a number to answers naming people? Situations may look the same but there is always little details like ownership that throw a monkey wrench in the works! Love your answer Mrs. GG.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Sorry for the mixup I thought in a post from you long ago that you said the villages gave your daughter a blue residence pass, and she was so proud to use it. But I did say I could be wrong. I was just pointing out that there are well respected young adults that live here and and many people enjoy the fact that they do. I always enjoy the posts on how proud you are when you post about your daughter.

Last edited by asianthree; 10-26-2016 at 03:54 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
children, villages, grandparents, 10, 000, parents

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.