Chitty Chatty exit onto Kristine Way

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2020, 06:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
You need to go there yourself and check it out, you will see that there isn't much that can be done. If there is a lot of cart traffic carts are going to have to stop on the ramp while the intersection clears.
I have been there. It will all depend on the amount of traffic. Initially, northbound will be busy until Magnolia Publix is open. When it settles down they will make changes if needed but I am assuming they took that into consideration when it was designed. Remember Colony, stop sign then a community watch person directing traffic then the light? I also suspect the design is to have no left turn off the bridge or u-turns. There is a MMP that terminates at the Plaza and traffic should use that. I expect the impatient will ignore any rules which will make it difficult for everyone.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-11-2020, 07:24 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I have been there. It will all depend on the amount of traffic. Initially, northbound will be busy until Magnolia Publix is open. When it settles down they will make changes if needed but I am assuming they took that into consideration when it was designed. Remember Colony, stop sign then a community watch person directing traffic then the light? I also suspect the design is to have no left turn off the bridge or u-turns. There is a MMP that terminates at the Plaza and traffic should use that. I expect the impatient will ignore any rules which will make it difficult for everyone.
Eventually there could be a light installed but my point about this intersection is that if cart traffic gets backed up by carts trying to turn left it's possible 6 or 7 carts would be stopped on the ramp. The incline is pretty steep and due to the poor driving skills of some of our neighbors they may or may not correctly judge their speed, the breaking ability of their cart, or have weak brakes and create a chain of rear impacts.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:10 PM
John41

The biggest villages blunder was starting building at Fenney and progressing north to 44.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
if cart traffic gets backed up by carts trying to turn left it's possible 6 or 7 carts would be stopped on the ramp.
Looking at the road coming off the bridge, I don't think the carts will be allowed to turn left onto Kristine Way.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:50 AM

VApeople, you are correct. If you look at the curbing at the bridge exit, golf carts will be required to turn right. They can then proceed to the next intersection, turn left toward Piesano"s and connect to the existing MM path.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:14 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
The biggest villages blunder was starting building at Fenney and progressing north to 44.
Why would that be a blunder. I've lived in Fenney since it's inception and enjoyed all 3 plus years of living here. Fenney is a quite village, we have a lot of amenities but they are mostly used by those living here. Some of the villages that are closer to 44 are very busy and loud, who knows what they will be like after the plaza and bridges are open, probably will be extremely busy.
Closed Thread

Tags
bridge, carts, kristine, traffic, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.