Chitty Chatty exit onto Kristine Way

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2020, 05:06 AM

Unless I'm missing something, carts using Kristine Way to get to Publix is no different than the current setup at Colony Plaza.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:43 AM

Yea , blame the developers for the golf cart drivers mistakes , you know you are responsible for your actions, even in a golf cart don’t you?
Old 08-10-2020, 06:57 AM

This is typical Villages lack of leadership because the only thing they know or do is to insert family members into positions that have no clue as to what they are doing and have no first hand knowledge or experience in planning. Wouldn't you think that with all the retired engineers, land planners, urban designers, etc. that are in The Villages they might possibly have open forums where plans would be brought forward? No, not The Villages or Morse Family. They do nothing wrong.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Are you sure about that? I have often seen carts driving on Christine Way.

Don't they have to drive on Christine Way to get to the gas station?
You are correct

Last edited by Don5154; 08-10-2020 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Mistake in text
Old 08-10-2020, 07:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

When you leave Brownwood going west, you share the road with cars. Then you move left into a golf cart only turn lane, wait for oncoming traffic to clear, and cross over the road onto the multi-modal path. Sounds like the same setup, and I have never heard of any accidents there.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwick2112@yahoo.com View Post
This is typical Villages lack of leadership because the only thing they know or do is to insert family members into positions that have no clue as to what they are doing and have no first hand knowledge or experience in planning. Wouldn't you think that with all the retired engineers, land planners, urban designers, etc. that are in The Villages they might possibly have open forums where plans would be brought forward? No, not The Villages or Morse Family. They do nothing wrong.
Do some believe that a member of the Morse family designs roadways? And then builds them without county review and approval?
Old 08-10-2020, 07:32 AM

Carts are allowed on Kristine Way, they have an enter and exit just before the roundabout on Morse across from Rohan
Old 08-10-2020, 08:06 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
Only kidding folks. I have lived all over the world and The Villages is the safest community I have ever lived in. I am amazed at how many complainers there are here, YET LIVE HERE. Complaining is a side effect of getting older, but if you work on it, you can keep it too yourself.
I love that response!
Old 08-10-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgarwel12@gmail.com View Post
If it's like any other roadway setup, there will have to be so many accidents and/or injuries/deaths before they make adjustments or fix things to be safer and more logical. Where is the common sense and why can't these developers see beyond the ends of their noses on this stuff?? It's not like they're "new!!"
Check with Sumter county.they are responsible for all roadways,not the villages.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
Now that’s funny right there, I don’t care who you are. Perhaps they could restrict Kristine way to golf cart traffic only. Cars could come and go using the 44 entrance. Then safety would be perfect.
Hear, Hear!
Old 08-10-2020, 09:59 AM

No worries. Enjoy your day

Last edited by Neils; 08-10-2020 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I would prefer to wait until everything is completed before jumping to conclusions. Getting out of Chitty Chatty in a car and turning left on to Morse/Warm Springs is a completed intersection and there will be accidents there but the fire station is nearby.
i'm going to wait to pass judgement as well, but i thank the cart drivers for bringing it to everyone's attention. i travel that way frequently, by car, & will be watching out for you.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,359 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwick2112@yahoo.com View Post
In 2015 according to Forbes List.

$1.5 billion
The Morse family has come in at No. 163 in the annual Forbes list of America's Richest Families. According to Forbes, the family that is synonymous with The Villages has $1.5 billion in net worth from real estate development.4 Jul 2015

I would imagine they are now worth a few dollars more.
Someone in the family must know what they are doing, and, believe it or not, without your advice!!
Old 08-10-2020, 04:49 PM
Default Chitty Chatty Exit onto Kristine Way

Kristine Way is the same as Colony Blvd. and Burnsed Blvd. Both cars and carts use the roadway. You don't hear of a lot of accidents on those two roads.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
Kristine Way currently is a nice 2 lane street leading from Morse Blvd. to the Rohan Rec Center and beyond to Lake Deaton Plaza. Most sections of the road are wide enough to allow for a 'turn lane' in the center of the roadway which is defined by yellow paint.

We travel this street often, as this is where we bank and grocery shop.

The original design for the plaza included a separate path for carts which is considerably off to the side. Carts currently are not allowed on the road. All that will change once the Chitty Chatty bridge is open to traffic. Carts exiting/entering the bridge will now share the same lane with all vehicles, as they do in Colony.

The northern exit ramp off the new bridge is steep, rather short and ends close to the road. It is surprising that no provision was made in the overall bridge project design to widen the roadway to allow for the safest possible exit/entry of carts onto Kristine Way...or to construct a cart crossing with stop lights (like there is in Colony) that would enable carts to continue on to use the existing cart path.

A left hand turn lane (strictly for carts), bounded with a cement berm has been constructed in the middle of Kristine Way adjacent to the entry/exit to the Chitty Chatty bridge for use by carts seeking to travel south over the bridge. My first impression upon seeing this was "whoa, this is going to be tight and dangerous, especially if you're in a cart".

There was ample uncommitted land available to widen that area of roadway or create a path across Kristine Way connecting to the existing cart path when the initial bridge design was brought forth...it's been vacant forever. Now the land has been committed to the development of medical offices. Apparently keeping the salable commercial land tact intact was more important than creating the safest possible traffic intersection for residents.

Good thing that there'll be medical professionals nearby, as there's bound to be traffic accidents at this intersection.

I'm wondering if a traffic engineer was even consulted.

To say that I'm disappointed that this design was approved is an understatement.
typical for the villages -- just build -- think later
Closed Thread

Tags
bridge, carts, kristine, traffic, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.