Christmas 2020 lights to music show

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2020, 04:47 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default Christmas 2020 lights to music show

Sold all of my Christmas lights to music equipment during the move from Ohio to The Villages in 2017 as I didn’t believe I needed them here as there was at that time the massive Dunkirk Trail Christmas light show which was fantastic. As that show is no longer in operation, I decided to give it a go once more even though I am running out of time. I just ordered the equipment today from Light-O-Rama to have a decent first year Christmas display in The Villages this year. Better late than never!

Are there others on this forum who would share what they are doing with their Christmas lights to music displays this year?

My old Ohio show ->
Kolb Christmas Lights to Music 2012 in Urbana, Ohio on Vimeo
Old 11-13-2020, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

sorry, never heard of it....we are from the northeast originally
Old 11-13-2020, 09:04 PM

It would be great to have another light show here. Thank you for your time and effort. Please advertise on this site.
I attended Centennial High School in Champaign!
Old 11-14-2020, 07:05 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,374 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Sold all of my Christmas lights to music equipment during the move from Ohio to The Villages in 2017 as I didn’t believe I needed them here as there was at that time the massive Dunkirk Trail Christmas light show which was fantastic. As that show is no longer in operation, I decided to give it a go once more even though I am running out of time. I just ordered the equipment today from Light-O-Rama to have a decent first year Christmas display in The Villages this year. Better late than never!

Are there others on this forum who would share what they are doing with their Christmas lights to music displays this year?

My old Ohio show ->
Wow! That is fabulous, thanks for sharing.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:

My old Ohio show ->
What a fantastic light show. You are very talented. I would love to see your light show here in TV. Can you give me a hint how to find your house in Lake Deaton? Thanks.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

As long as it's NIMBY that's great! 3 years of it taking 20+ minutes to go 6 blocks down O'Dell for 6 weeks plus multiple traffic and pedestrian accidents every year at the corner of Dunkirk & O'Dell wasn't missed last year. I'd love to see your display as long as it's NIMBY !!! You're not near Amelia or Hadley or Mallory are you ??? Or why not do it in the air and fly it all over T.V. so we just have to look up !!!
Old 11-15-2020, 06:08 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

wow great show so where do we come this year to see your lights?
Old 11-15-2020, 06:10 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,125 Times in 873 Posts

OMG that repetitive music is so annoying to me. I'd be so surprised if this is allowed in TV.
Old 11-15-2020, 06:19 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,125 Times in 873 Posts

Now I can't stop hearing that tune!!! download-jpg
Old 11-15-2020, 06:29 AM

So cool! I'm from PA and every year we'd read Bill White's Christmas Tour in the newspaper and he'd give you directions to several houses that where really beautiful with lights and sound and sometimes Santa to visit. There were several routes in all different sections of the surrounding area. The paper should do that here,seems the are always looking for special interest stories.

Seems to me Florida is more into Christmas lights than up north!
Old 11-15-2020, 07:13 AM

The daily Sun in the past has always included a map of all the Christmas displays here in The villages. Hope they do it again. Not sure why everyone is not aware of this. Let's hope the pandemic does not turn into a grinch

Old 11-15-2020, 07:38 AM

Quote:

My old Ohio show ->
While it’s really a nice display, I certainly wouldn’t want hundreds of people driving down my street every night making it impossible to get out of your own driveway.
Old 11-15-2020, 08:10 AM

Fantastic! Thank you for your time and effort. God bless you. Merry Christmas!
Old 11-15-2020, 08:47 AM

This is going to be a great opportunity for The Villages and surrounding area:

COME TO THE LIGHT CHRISTMAS PRESENTATION PROMO - YouTube
Old 11-15-2020, 08:56 AM

Love the Christmas lights in The Villages...hope to have an opportunity again this year especially with all that is going on
Closed Thread

Tags
christmas, show, year, lights, music

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.