Christmas 2020 lights to music show

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2020, 10:26 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
OMG that repetitive music is so annoying to me. I'd be so surprised if this is allowed in TV.
You will hear the music only when a radio is tuned to the correct FM frequency. Otherwise, you view only the lights and miss an important part of the show. I am trying to be upbeat about this Christmas display and not be the Grinch who stole Christmas. I am excited and happy to hear most others also believe this will be a positive undertaking during the Christmas Season.

The light display will take place on the front of my house in the Village of Lake Deaton and not the rear that faces Warnock.

The music you will hear when your radio is turned on ->

Last edited by twoplanekid; 11-15-2020 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-15-2020, 11:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Fun! Good luck!
Old 11-15-2020, 11:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
sorry, never heard of it....we are from the northeast originally
???
Old 11-15-2020, 11:02 AM
Sage

There will be a new light-show offered by Live Oaks Community Church on Wedgewood, behind the Walmart on 466. It will be a synchronized light/music show from 12/1 til 12/25 in their parking lot called The Grove. It's free---however each vehicle (car or golf cart) needs a ticket ONE per vehicle, which can be procurred from their website, LiveOaksCommunityChurch, The Villages, as the space is limited. There will be ads on the radio and in the Daily Sun re: this. There is a large jumbo-tron screen as well, that will be a part of all the twinkling lights. Start a new tradition and reserve your spot. You have a choice of 40-something offerings--shows per evening. Did I say that it's golf-cart accessible by going through the Walmart parking lot. Sit in your vehicle or bring your lawn chair and enjoy!
Old 11-15-2020, 12:09 PM

I like your holiday spirit Clark but before you go overboard, put yourself in the shoes of the Griswold’s neighbors.
Old 11-15-2020, 12:29 PM

I’d love a good light show!!!!
We need it this year!
Thanks for your plan❤️
Old 11-15-2020, 05:20 PM
Default Christmas Light Show

Glad to see someone else doing this in The Villages. I'll be setting up my first show using xLights software. I built my own control hardware and have only a few props since it's my first year. The props include a 9' Tall MegaTree, some Candy Canes, a 2x3 P5 Panel, some eve lighting and a couple of small trees.

It appears a number of LOR folks are converting to xLights since it is open source. As a retired Electronics Engineer, doing the hardware/software kept me busy while being quarantined. The most time consuming part is choreographing the lights to the music.

I'm not sure how many do these light shows in The Villages? If there are enough, it may be worthwhile putting together a group activity.
Old 11-15-2020, 05:38 PM
Default Light Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Sold all of my Christmas lights to music equipment during the move from Ohio to The Villages in 2017 as I didn’t believe I needed them here as there was at that time the massive Dunkirk Trail Christmas light show which was fantastic. As that show is no longer in operation, I decided to give it a go once more even though I am running out of time. I just ordered the equipment today from Light-O-Rama to have a decent first year Christmas display in The Villages this year. Better late than never!

Are there others on this forum who would share what they are doing with their Christmas lights to music displays this year?

My old Ohio show ->
Kolb Christmas Lights to Music 2012 in Urbana, Ohio on Vimeo
PLEASE SHARE your address
Old 11-15-2020, 07:58 PM
Location: Moved to Fenney full-time in Dec. 2020 from Long Island, NY and couldn't be happier!
Default Love your Ohio display!

Loved that display. Unfortunately, still stuck up here on Long Island. Won't be able to get down there til after the new year. Will miss all the beautiful holiday displays in The Villages! Hopefully they will be posted here.

By the way - I always like that tune "Music Box Dancer".
Old 11-16-2020, 12:02 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,757 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Sold all of my Christmas lights to music equipment during the move from Ohio to The Villages in 2017 as I didn’t believe I needed them here as there was at that time the massive Dunkirk Trail Christmas light show which was fantastic. As that show is no longer in operation, I decided to give it a go once more even though I am running out of time. I just ordered the equipment today from Light-O-Rama to have a decent first year Christmas display in The Villages this year. Better late than never!

Are there others on this forum who would share what they are doing with their Christmas lights to music displays this year?

My old Ohio show ->
Kolb Christmas Lights to Music 2012 in Urbana, Ohio on Vimeo

With the virus impacting so many simple pleasures this year, it sure would be wonderful if all the displays were published on this social media board ! Even greater if the villages specified touring in their golf cart, not automobiles (it does get to be quite a mess and close quarters when people come in cars, but so be it). We don't have the experience, equipment, or knowledge, but sure do thank YOU an all the others who give us such a GIFT ! It will certainly be appreciated even MORE this year, if that is possible. Hope we get a list of where to see this !
Old 11-16-2020, 11:49 AM

Visited The Villages Dec 2018. Big highlight was lite display. Thank-you. I hope it returns someday.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:21 PM

Would it be asking too much to post your street so people can drive by. Would be so nice for the Christmas spirit during this stressful time. 🌲
Old 11-21-2020, 09:35 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

While waiting for all of my Christmas equipment and lights to arrive, I worked on a small job to get me in the spirit of things !

My light display will take place at my house, 3610 Quietwoods Drive (Village of Lake Deaton) hopefully starting Friday night Nov. 27th if everything works!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0207.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	87029  
Old 11-26-2020, 11:49 AM
Platinum member

Happy Thanksgiving and I hope to have my Christmas light show ready by this Friday evening. Remember to tune your radio to 98.7 FM to hear the music.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0223.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	87099  
Old 11-27-2020, 08:16 PM
Platinum member

My Christmas lights are up and going. As a brief rain shower stopped me from returning to the roof today to complete everything, my show tonight was running at 95%. Tomorrow I hope to have everything going at full tilt. The lights will be on from 6 P.M. till 9 or 9:30 P.M. if a lot of people are watching. The show has ten Christmas songs so it lasts for about 40 minutes before repeating. Please tune your radio to 98.7 FM to hear the music and then enjoy the show.

The location is 3610 Quietwoods Drive in the Village of Lake Deaton - Hillsborough Trail to Warnock -turn left on Underbrush then another left on Quietwoods Drive
Closed Thread

Tags
christmas, show, year, lights, music

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.