Christmas Decorations

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2007, 02:40 AM
Default Christmas Decorations

We have friends arriving for their first visit to the villages and we would love to take them around to see some of the Christmas decorations. Even though it's a little early in the season, are their some neighborhoods that really get into the Christmas decorations.

thanks,
Old 12-01-2007, 03:58 AM
Platinum member
Default Re: Christmas Decorations

Were you guys having a couple of drinks when you came up with "thehags"? It's cute but I'll bet you're not hags!
Old 12-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I haven't been doing any checking but I've found that every village has some houses already up and running, so it might just be fun to drive around and see what there is to see.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-01-2007, 12:27 PM

Check out the house on Hillcrest Dr in the historic section. They decorate their house for each and every holiday. The guys electric bill must be enormous.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Veteran member

Christmas decorations here are beautiful. Some neighborhoods decorate in a specific theme. Yes, absolutely, drive friends around to see it all. I love to go out after dark around the holidays just to see how people decorate.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Default Enormous electric bill?

Actually I believe not. We've been to the site mentioned on Hillcrest now for two years. He has his own generator(s).

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Thumbs up

Anyone know the name of some farm near the Villages that decorates beautifully??
I have some friends in Bridgeport that talked about it last year. They said it was really something to see.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Mom View Post
Anyone know the name of some farm near the Villages that decorates beautifully??
I have some friends in Bridgeport that talked about it last year. They said it was really something to see.
It is the Cotton farm. It is located on Marion County Road off CR25 east of the Villages. Go East on Griffin Ave. to CR25 (traffic light) turn left, go to Marion County road and turn right, go about 4 miles and the farm in on the right.
There are several displays out that way but this is the largest. In December they have hayrides around the lake to see all the displays.Not sure when they will have the lights on. Well worth the trip!
Old 10-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Thumbs up

Bogie Shooter,

Thanks for the info!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Thumbs up Christmas Decorations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
It is the Cotton farm. It is located on Marion County Road off CR25 east of the Villages. Go East on Griffin Ave. to CR25 (traffic light) turn left, go to Marion County road and turn right, go about 4 miles and the farm in on the right.
There are several displays out that way but this is the largest. In December they have hayrides around the lake to see all the displays.Not sure when they will have the lights on. Well worth the trip!
Just a reminder of some neat places to see at Christmas.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If you go to the calumet grove adult pool , there is a side street next to it and as you drive down this street you will see the most amazing display of christmas lights and music in this area. There is a sign in one of the yards that tells you where to tune your car radio to hear the coordinated music that goes along with the dancing lights........

Its amazing ......don't miss it ...

Fumar
Old 12-13-2008, 06:31 AM
Gold member

Come into Duval through the Buena Vista gate, turn right onto Raintree. Go to Day lily Run and turn left... check out the house on your immediate right! There is a street in Hadley...???...Maysville Way that is really decorated.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Taltarzac
Default Enrique Drive just south of El Camino Real in TV.

I seem to recall a very pretty street just south of El Camino Real --Enrique Drive-- that had had extensive Christmas lights a few years running. This is at the very end of Enrique Drive. At the far east circle which you can see from El Camino Drive.

The street is just east of Buenos Aires and El Camino Real.

http://yellowpages.aol.com/business/...oc_four.M#west It is quite close the TV's only Blockbuster DVD and game rental store.

The lights were up today when I went by at about 11:45 a.m. but were not of course on just yet.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 12-14-2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Update on Enrique Drive.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
If you go to the calumet grove adult pool , there is a side street next to it and as you drive down this street you will see the most amazing display of christmas lights and music in this area. There is a sign in one of the yards that tells you where to tune your car radio to hear the coordinated music that goes along with the dancing lights........

Its amazing ......don't miss it ...

Fumar
The street is Clearview. North on Buena Vista past Nancy Lopez, left into Calumet, then third right. Get ready, Fumar's right
Old 12-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Taltarzac
Default Enrique Drive.

See the update of my post of yesterday on this thread. 2nd one up from here.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.