Christmas Lights A Must See

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Eternal Member
Default Christmas Lights A Must See

I happened to be not doing anything this evening and it was so nice out I decided to take a golf cart ride to view the Christmas decorations and lights in TV.

Here is a location that is a must see lighting set up on Dunkirk Trail just off O'Dell Circle and that is right near the Hadley Pool (first street to the east). There are a number of houses that have a nice light display by itself but they are all linked together and the lights are controlled by the music that is playing for a stereo or some type of audio system. There is a sign to tune to a set radio frequency but since I was on the cart I just listened and watched the light show in amazement. You will not believe the housed in this neighborhood. One is even across the street from the main location.

While there a caravan of at least 50 carts came driving through which is something that you will only see in TV.

There is a donation box for gifts but it was to dark for me to read the sign but I will get back tomorrow to see what it says. Also please respect others property and go around the block and not use the neighbors drives as a turn around. I am willing to bet that some of the neighbors are not very happy at the added traffic.

There are a lot or nicely decorated neighborhoods and it is getting better every year. Get out and have an enjoyable evening driving around.

================
A little follow up. I went back this evening and it seems that the lights and music ends at 9:00 pm so if you want to see the show get there before 9:00.

Last edited by Virtual Geezer; 12-17-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Sage

I've seen the houses and love the displays.
The donation box is for foodstuffs for the Food Bank.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:24 PM

We were in the cart caravan. It was a neighborhood outing from the villages of St James We had a blast.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Location: TV, Vero Beach, Fl., Ft. Lauderdale, Fl., Boston, Ma.

Took the southside tour last night to see most of the displays south of 466. Yes, have to agree the display at Dunkirk and Kassel as mentioned by the OP is very impressive. Not sure we will see another in the Villages that might top it. When the display comes complete with the music carried on one the radio sations in your car--that's amazing!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 10:32 AM

There is one up on the north side that is absolutely great. We have seen both of the one's on the south side. The one up north is in Calumet Grove on Clearview Ave. is the best. It is a hour long and has at least 20 neighbors homes that also keep time with the music. Has a projector that shows a program on the garage door. Also has it own music station. Well worth the drive up from the south side.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Platinum member

The display on Dunkirk Trail is an engineering feat and yes worth seeing but in our humble opinion, the block-long display on Troy Loop, off of Timmonsville Way and Stillwater in Mallory Square is much more tastefully done and also worth seeing. It's remarkable that they could get the whole street to agree and coordiate their Christmas decorations.

Using a GPS last night to find the streets listed in The Daily Sun made it a lot easier to get around. Some of the hot spots are really buried well off the main drag.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Default can't wait!!

Cannot wait 'til we can jump in the golf cart and tour around looking at the lights when we're Frogs....we did that in '09 on our first trip....the decorations were great!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Bosoxfan

For those willing to hop in their car and drive there's a display not far from the villages that's amazing Follow the signs to the carriage museum and you can't miss it.There's a hayride and hot chocolate.There's a place for the kids to write to Santa.and the light display is breathtaking.Don't miss it!
Old 12-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Location: TV, Vero Beach, Fl., Ft. Lauderdale, Fl., Boston, Ma.

Thanks rtime and gryoung for the recommendations. Will see both of these tomorrow evening. I think someone should start a thread after Christmas and take a poll of TOTV's favorite display. Thanks guys.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
For those willing to hop in their car and drive there's a display not far from the villages that's amazing Follow the signs to the carriage museum and you can't miss it.There's a hayride and hot chocolate.There's a place for the kids to write to Santa.and the light display is breathtaking.Don't miss it!
My guess is you are talking about Cottom Farm in Lady Lake. That is a definite must see.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:49 AM

How can I get a list of the addresses for the lights?? I didn't get the list from the paper thanks debra
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.