Christmas parade at polo fields

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2018, 04:17 PM
Gold member
Default Christmas parade at polo fields

We left before the parade started. I was sad, but I can't imagine getting out of there when it was over with our golf cart.

So, how was it?
Old 12-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
We left before the parade started. I was sad, but I can't imagine getting out of there when it was over with our golf cart.

So, how was it?
We went to the tree lighting last year but left before it began. I don't like shoulder to shoulder people all crammed together.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Didn't go to the parade but saw plenty of decorated golf carts and people in Christmas attire on their way home àfterwards. Quite a delight.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2018, 04:41 PM
Gold member

We went, weather was great, the socializing and parade were great fun!
By the way, leaving with the cart wasn’t too bad, only about a 15 minute wait until things got rolling.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post

So, how was it?
what is another 15 or 20 minutes if you were enjoying yourself...………..you were sad?
Old 12-08-2018, 06:05 PM
fw102807

We went and enjoyed it very much. It is very fun and festive and as much fun just watching everyone with their Christmas outfits as the carts. Lots of people just bring themselves some lunch and enjoy that and snacks and beverages after the parade until the traffic thins out. To us waiting to get out is a small price to pay for such a nice event. They controlled the traffic very well.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:46 PM
Gold member

Guess I'm more of a communicator than others. Thanks Gracie for your input. I guess I'm slow thinking with short quick responses.

We were on line to get there for one half hour. Ok so maybe not a big deal but this was our first time to this and we had app. Later on.

Next year, we will make it more 9f an event instead of a drive by.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We had to wait a long time to leave, but so what, we are retired and enjoyed every minute of it. Isn't that what life is all about?
They said the gates would open at 10. I think they opened long before that....way long before that. It is what it is.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 12-08-2018, 09:34 PM

Awesome parade..beautiful day..perfect day for a golf cart outing..we are blessed to be living here with so many wonderful events that the entertainment dept provides for all of us..Merry Christmas to All and all a Goodnight
Old 12-08-2018, 10:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Wish we could have been there to wait in the traffic, we figure it was a very fun and memorable event. Oh well, we had to wake up to 11 degree weather with dangerous ice and snow and dream about being at our home in the Villages.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:18 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to the square

You have the right idea. The parade only comes once a year. So what if you get bogged down in a little traffic. it's a great way to spend a little time to enjoy yourself. The price was right....FREE
Old 12-09-2018, 10:49 AM

We took the shuttle from Savannah Center to the parade. We got there early, set up our chairs, relaxed and had nice conversation with the people sitting around us. The parade was so much fun, lots of laughter and golf carts dressed in holiday style. When it was time to leave, the line for the shuttle was less than 10 minutes. The whole event was very organized and lots of fun. It was a lovely and festive day!
Old 12-09-2018, 09:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
We went and enjoyed it very much. It is very fun and festive and as much fun just watching everyone with their Christmas outfits as the carts. Lots of people just bring themselves some lunch and enjoy that and snacks and beverages after the parade until the traffic thins out. To us waiting to get out is a small price to pay for such a nice event. They controlled the traffic very well.
Best idea. Make it fun.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:45 PM

We had no problem getting in just before noon. Parked on the grass, short walk to viewing area. Afterwards we waited til everyone left and cruised out. Very nice time. The only ones who have to wait are the ones that have to be first in and first out. Relax. You got some place to go? Merry Christmas.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:54 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

I love parades, tree lighting ceremonies and such. The unmentionable on-line news had some great photos of the parade. Sorry I could not be there but I did attend a tree lighting ceremony at a local shopping center of a huge tree and plan to attend a local boat parade which should be incredible. Merry Christmas!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
parade, cart, golf, left, fields

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.