The Christmas Tree Lighting at Brownwood.

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2019, 03:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I understand but it would have been more classy if there was no paid section. It would show respect to a tradition and I guess that is not important. I hope they will reassess it next year.
Tradition? Use to be you could just walk into Katie Belles if you were a resident, grab a table, order a pitcher of beer and a pizza and listen to Uncle Bob or whoever was playing. Now you need a reservation, a table with a cloth and will spend about $20 a pearson on a meal. What happened to that tradition? I loved the old Katie Belles, if you didn't like the band at the square, go inside and check it out. Now, it's a big production with certain hours and reservations. I've been one time and I'm not going back and I almost never go to SS square. Fifty people in a tent at Brownwood is not breaking tradition, that place didn't even exist until 2013 and it's still being developed.

Then

The Villages Florida

Now

The Villages Florida
Old 12-04-2019, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Wow! I love Katie Belles! No dance floor now?
Old 12-04-2019, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Wow! I love Katie Belles! No dance floor now?
It moved up stairs some time ago. Where have you been? Never mind......
Old 12-05-2019, 09:30 AM

I don't reply on TOTV usually, but having been here 15 years, felt like I wanted to express my feelings on this Christmas tree lighting discussion. I personally would not want to pay for seats with drinks and appys, but there are those who did. How many times have you seen persons pay for things they want, or want to do and you disagree. Saying the Morse family looking to make more money as some expressed is really quite funny.
This change and others that have occurred in all the time we have been here is to be expected. Wherever you were born, or lived, or came from - is it still the same as you remember it? Don't think so, and lots of changes in TV in our time here - some I like and some I don't, but things do change in all our lives. This will continue always, and so does your right to express your opinion, after all we do live in America!!
Old 12-05-2019, 10:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

People are still talking about Katie Belle's? Geez.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:53 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post

And still talk about Harold and the good old days.

Old 12-05-2019, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I was trying to change the subject because the moderator for some reason has let this thread run amok. Between two threads on this site and 4 threads on Villages Facebook about the VIP Tent, it is getting old quick. When I read a poster talk about tradition in a square that is only 6 years old, it made think of Katie Belles and how that place was totally changed for the worse.
Closed Thread

Tags
christmas, tree, lighting, brownwood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.