Chromebook and cloud outage

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2021, 06:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
I have thought about getting a Chromebook for travel. Screen would be larger than my iPad plus better keyboard. Don't want to carry around my Macbook Pro.

Thoughts?

kathy
If you get one that has a USB port for a thumb drive and lets you store data -and- programs/apps/movies/books on it, making you not reliant on internet access, it'd be a great idea.

No USB port = no deal, in my opinion.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:47 AM
Default Chromebook

As far as i know a Chromebook using a different operating system and may take a bit of time to get used to. It does not run Windows so some of your familiar programs may not work. I opted for a small convertible laptop that you can flip into a tablet as the situation requires.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,619 Times in 5,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasman29 View Post
As far as i know a Chromebook using a different operating system and may take a bit of time to get used to. It does not run Windows so some of your familiar programs may not work. I opted for a small convertible laptop that you can flip into a tablet as the situation requires.
If you have a chromebook, you may want to consider subscribing to "Microsoft 365", which costs about $70 per year. But, you get access to use all of the MS Office programs online on all of your devices, and you get 1TB of cloud storage on a drive called "Onedrive".
Closed Thread

Tags
cloud, chromebook, outage, kind, chromebooks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.