IRS/Bond Issue

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Platinum member
Default IRS/Bond Issue

According to the Daily Sun the issue has been resolved. Looks like we and the Developer are off the hook.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
According to the Daily Sun the issue has been resolved. Looks like we and the Developer are off the hook.

SAY WHAT?

I haven't read the paper yet.

You mean it?????
Old 03-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Sage

omigosh...Front page.

I want so bad to say. I told you so.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Sage

Gracie, you don't have a vindictive bone in your body. There will be no "i told you so". Any bets on how long it will take the conspiracy peeps to come out from behind the woodwork ?
Old 03-15-2013, 09:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

While the article is promising, it does NOT resolve the tax-free bond issue. It only states that the amenities, puchased from the Developer, were not over priced, as originally alleged by the IRS.

Only time will tell, if the IRS will now drop the issue....
Old 03-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
omigosh...Front page.

I want so bad to say. I told you so.
You have earned that right. Now let's hear from the doom and gloom group.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
You have earned that right. Now let's hear from the doom and gloom group.
It must have been a pay off right ?
evil corporation right
corruption right
GOD BLESS THE FAMILY

Maybe now they will have a 4th build out
a 4th town square

Start the party

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
While the article is promising, it does NOT resolve the tax-free bond issue. It only states that the amenities, puchased from the Developer, were not over priced, as originally alleged by the IRS.

Only time will tell, if the IRS will now drop the issue....
memason: Spot on
Old 03-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Sage

Front page of Daily Sun Today.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-17-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Front page of Daily Sun Today.
Despite some optimistic posts above, the issue is not yet resolved. While, as a Villages resident, I hope the Center Districts (and thereby the developer) prevail, it still seems far from clear that that will happen.

If you read the article carefully, you will realize that if the newspaper were not owned by the developer, the headline would not have read: "Analysis of IRS appraisal vindicates developer, district." It would have read, "Districts' attorney argues that analysis of IRS appraisal vindicates developer, district".
Old 03-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Veteran member

What does the article say about the right of the CDD to sell tax free bonds?

Sorry I do not subscribe to the TV Daily Sun, if it’s not on the net it did not happen.

The top story in the TV Daily Sun on the net today is about award-winning recipes which does not encourage me to worship the sun at the end of my driveway each morning.
The Villages Florida
Old 03-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Oh, I know that the official decree has not been presented yet. I can wait.

Gee, I wonder how I would know that at least two of the "Negative Nellies" would already have posted. I could have picked them by name without hesitation. They must absolutely hate waking up each day in The Villages! As my mother would have stated, "Some people aren't happy unless they are unhappy!" My Mom was soooooooooooo bright. I miss her wisdom every single day. Don't let them urinate on yet another GREAT DAY IN THE VILLAGES.

Xavier
There is a difference between being a "Negative Nelly" and not having my head in the clouds. I have had enough experience with business evaluations and taxes to know that the developer and Center Districts have a tough fight here with respect to pricing-- not to mention the other two issues raised by the IRS.

Unless you know something that I don't, it doesn't appear that the IRS has agreed with any of the statements made by the developer's attorney and in-crowd and quoted as gospel in the article. If you are interested in understanding what is going on, and not just in name calling, I would sugest that you both read the POA Bulletins and go to distictgov.org and click on IRS Updates.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
There is a difference between being a "Negative Nelly" and not having my head in the clouds. I have had enough experience with business evaluations and taxes to know that the developer and Center Districts have a tough fight here with respect to pricing-- not to mention the other two issues raised by the IRS.

Unless you know something that I don't, it doesn't appear that the IRS has agreed with any of the statements made by the developer's attorney and in-crowd and quoted as gospel in the article. If you are interested in understanding what is going on, and not just in name calling, I would sugest that you both read the POA Bulletins and go to distictgov.org and click on IRS Updates.
Thanks - I've done both. I've even attended meetings. I am quite informed and open minded. I work with facts in such matters, not emotions. Why would you think that I directed my post at you. I was careful not to take aim at anyone. I think I must have hit a nerve. If you would take the time to look through your past posts, around 250 of them, I think that anyone could clearly see the tone of the vast majority of them. No disrespect intended.

Xavier
Old 03-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,355 Times in 2,392 Posts

Old 03-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Thanks - I've done both. I've even attended meetings. I am quite informed and open minded. I work with facts in such matters, not emotions. Why would you think that I directed my post at you. I was careful not to take aim at anyone. I think I must have hit a nerve. If you would take the time to look through your past posts, around 250 of them, I think that anyone could clearly see the tone of the vast majority of them. No disrespect intended.

Xavier
The tone, if there is one, of my posts is probably that this is POTENTIALLY a serious situation for Villagers that has been under-reported and misreported by the Developer-owned Daily Sun. I have always tried to accurately state the facts. Could you please correct any misstatements that I have made. I think everybody would be better served by focusing on the facts and not on calling other posters silly names.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.