Cigars Smokers Unite

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2013, 05:45 PM
Veteran member

I guess in the end it will boil down to simple bottom line economics. Would an owner rather service the 2 or 3 cigar smokers that might come their way or the 25 or 30 customers who are happy and content that there are no cigars anywhere near them? I think my money would be with the non smokers.

Isn't that why they have cigar bars?
Old 03-16-2013, 05:58 PM
Sage

Cigar smoking is a filthy habit. It's a much worse stink than cigarettes whose smoke is lighter and blows away easier outside.

Why cigar smokers think it is sophisticated to be dirty and to dirty others in a social situation is incomprehensible.

Go to Garvino's if you want to be in a cloud of stink like that.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Moved here from up north as many of us did. The state/area we came from implemented it unlawful to smoke in bars/restaurants. BOY did a lot of people's ire get ruffled with that...saying businesses would fold etc. Know what happened? Businesses flourished! People who didn't like the smoke came out again and supported the businesses.

An infringement on freedom...perhaps! BUT second-hand smoke is a health hazard. Talk to folks who have COPD, asthma and other respitory issues.

Now I'm going to go and pop me some corn as this issue has been hashed and re-hashed on this site!
Did anyone ever think about the bartenders and waitress who serve you? They get to breathe all that second hand smoke, day in and day out. I don't think it's fair to the people who work in these establishments to have to put up with second hand smoke. I talked with a few bartenders in NYC just after the smoking ban went into effect and they loved it.

Last edited by tommy steam; 03-16-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:31 PM

Now that cigars are banned, doobies will probably be next.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsanborn;6***36
Now that cigars are banned, doobies will probably be next.
Say it isn't so!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Sage

It isn't so - especially in certain "special" parts of the country. Hope you feel better now.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crummybuttons View Post
You used to be able to relax at the outside bar at Cody's and Red Sauce in LSL with a wine and smoke a cigar. Not anymore! What's the difference between cigar smoke and cigarette smoke? It's outside! I say to all cigar enthusiast out there don't patronize Cody's and Red Sauce....your cigars are still welcome at City Fire and Sonny's outdoor bars. We smoker's have to put up with a lot of aggrevation from all the non smokers and their holier than thou attitudes.
One big reason you can't at Codys is the entertainers. They are on the patio singing & it does get difficult for them with the cigar smoke.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Default Golf courses next?

If some of the cigar and cigarette smokers continue to throw their disgusting butts all over the golf courses I am sure they will soon be banished from the golf courses also. It is one thing to be discrimminated against and another to infringe on others rights to clean air and clean surroundings. Non-smokers are not fouling the air or littering the surroundings.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

does anyone wonder if the comments posted here show the true measure of character of the posters as I wonder?

Old 03-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
BAD.

Why anyone would want to smell like one is beyond me. The smokers need to really enjoy their current ability to pollute the public air cause the day is coming when they'll be pretty much restricted to practicing their dirty little habit behind the closed doors & windows of their own home. And that day can't come soon enough IMHO. Given the known & proven health hazards it boggles the mind that anyone still uses tobacco.
It is a far greater hazard to drive a golf cart in The Villages.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
does anyone wonder if the comments posted here show the true measure of character of the posters as I wonder?
Your post reminds me of the old saying: "the pot calling the kettle black"?
Old 03-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Veteran member

ban all smoking in the town squares and the sidewalks that surround the squares. and enforce it. am so tired of dancing in the squares while cigar/cigarette smokers light up all around the edges. or when I am enjoying a drink outdoors at Red Sauce and a cigar smoker walks by......excuse me while I on your shoes.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnonne;6***66
If some of the cigar and cigarette smokers continue to throw their disgusting butts all over the golf courses I am sure they will soon be banished from the golf courses also. It is one thing to be discrimminated against and another to infringe on others rights to clean air and clean surroundings. Non-smokers are not fouling the air or littering the surroundings.
Valid point - golfed at Hawkes Bay today and saw no less the 4 butts on the course. It's disgusting and there is no reason for that. Yes we picked them up by they should not have been there in the first place.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Platinum member

I believe that if you eat outside at a restaurant, you will get the smokers...that's why they are outside. If you don't want to put up with smoke then probably don't go out with them. It really is simple. As far as the smokers around the squares, I don't like it either...but where to put them....they're are a lot of smokers here. When in high school we had a caged box near the entrance of the school, it was called "cancer corner". This was in the 60's...sad but true. The folks that can't quit now, never will. They say they will...but they won't.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Sage

But I love to eat outside so I should give that up so someone can smoke? I am in favor of smoker's rights, but not when they tread on someone else.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.