Cigars Smokers Unite

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2013, 08:55 AM

I agreed pooh and excellent comment. I think it should be ban at every public place. Also, there must be a ban for ages below 14. I started smoking last 4 years ago but it is not habitual for me. I never smoked in home or at public place so that people get harm from cigar smoke.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Nobody is paying to dine beside/behind a golf cart exhaust pipe.

In a restaurant/bar, people are paying for a clean, unpolluted atmosphere in which they can eat/drink without being nauseated by a stench that is preventable.
Um.....some of the outdoor seating areas are right next to the roads......fumes don't just stay on the road. Re Sauce, City Fire, Gators, Luigios, Flippers, Margarita Republic.
Not to mention, I pay trail fees and I get stuck smelling those fumes. I sometimes eat on the way to work or on the golf course, so actually I do pay to dine sucking the fumes.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I used to smoke but not cigars.

There is nothing worse than a reformed anything, which would be me.

I thought of this old song when I was reading this thread.

youtube smoke smoke smoke that cigarette - Bing Videos
Old 03-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I don't smoke, but I used to. Frankly, I find cigar smoke to be less offensive than cigarette smoke. If it's a cherry cigar, I like it. Reminds me of my older next-door neighbor back in the '80s. I think of him every time I smell that, and how great he was to our little boys who spent a lot of time bothering him at his house. ( And smelling secondhand smoke that we didn't know was dangerous at the time.)

But that was back when it wasn't taboo to smoke in public. Times have changed, and we need to change to meet up with today's health standards.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdlfan View Post
Um.....some of the outdoor seating areas are right next to the roads......fumes don't just stay on the road. Re Sauce, City Fire, Gators, Luigios, Flippers, Margarita Republic.
Not to mention, I pay trail fees and I get stuck smelling those fumes. I sometimes eat on the way to work or on the golf course, so actually I do pay to dine sucking the fumes.

True, but autos also drive on those roads. Cars aren't emission free either.
Right now the topic under discussion is cigar/cigarette smoke. Auto and gas golf carts are a different topic.....and the tail pipe for my cart at least, is on the drivers's side so the exhaust fumes aren't blowing directly into diners' faces, at Red Sauce.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

I can resist no longer.

For those who verbalize how great it would be to have laws banning smoking outdoors. Just what makes any of you think once that level of regulating our lives takes hold what makes you think it will stop at smoking just because you don't?

Well it won't. And when a regulation hits upon something that affects YOU, demanding that YOU, give up your previous RIGHT to do what you like.....then we will hear from the hypocrits.

There I feel better and can now go back to my

btk
Old 03-21-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
does anyone wonder if the comments posted here show the true measure of character of the posters as I wonder?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I can resist no longer.

For those who verbalize how great it would be to have laws banning smoking outdoors. Just what makes any of you think once that level of regulating our lives takes hold what makes you think it will stop at smoking just because you don't?

Well it won't. And when a regulation hits upon something that affects YOU, demanding that YOU, give up your previous RIGHT to do what you like.....then we will hear from the hypocrits.

btk
There is no such thing as "smoker's rights", in my opinion.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:51 AM
Sage

l
[QUOTE=billethkid;646042]I can resist no longer.

Sweetie and I were asked to stop necking in public.

But feel it is our right to do so.

Neither of us smoke while necking, that I have noticed.

We do sweat a little.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdabob View Post
Opinion duly noted. However the point being made was missed/ignored to emphasize a personal opinion instead.

Aren't we all fortunate that our "rights" (IN GENERAL) were and are not determined by an individual opinion only.

Now I have to work doubly hard again to not get sucked onto this merry go round....again.

btk
Old 03-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Sage

Old 03-21-2013, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

[quote=graciegirl;646055]l
Quote:
I can resist no longer.

Sweetie and I were asked to stop necking in public.

But feel it is our right to do so.

Neither of us smoke while necking, that I have noticed.

We do sweat a little.
I demand the right to be around sweatless neckers.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I can resist no longer.

btk
Exactly. I was being sarcastic regarding the gas golf carts, but where does it stop? Every single problem expressed regarding smoking can also be attributed to gas carts. I have to say, I am very confused over your generation these days. Generally most were always for individual rights but that has seemed to have waivered tremendously lately. Everything that made the "Greatest Generation", in my opinion, is suffering a change.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdlfan View Post
exactly. I was being sarcastic regarding the gas golf carts, but where does it stop? Every single problem expressed regarding smoking can also be attributed to gas carts. I have to say, i am very confused over your generation these days. Generally most were always for individual rights but that has seemed to have waivered tremendously lately. Everything that made the "greatest generation", in my opinion, is suffering a change.

your generation??????
Old 03-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdabob View Post
Quote:
Opinion duly noted. However the point being made was missed/ignored to emphasize a personal opinion instead.

Aren't we all fortunate that our "rights" (IN GENERAL) were and are not determined by an individual opinion only....
No court (including the U.S. Supreme Court) has ever recognized smoking as a protected fundamental right nor has any court ever found smokers to be a protected class. To the contrary, every court that has considered the issue has declared that no fundamental “right to smoke” exists.

So long as a smoking regulation is rationally related to a legitimate government objective such as protecting public health or the environment, the regulation will be upheld as constitutional.

Those are the facts, but you do have a right to ignore it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.