Old 03-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
your generation??????
Just having a little fun!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Send a message via AIM to Mickedamouse24

Hey! I'm all for you smokers killing yourselves! You have every personal right to do so!! Just, please don't take us nonsmokers down with you!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdV View Post

Those are the facts, but you do have a right to ignore it.
Seems that litany can be applied to _ _ _ _ _ _ fill in the blank!!!

I personally have a problem with letter of the law (regulation) in this case, since it is only quoted and of value when trying to win or lose an issue. Very similar to the legal system where more often than not either uses the letter of the law, or chosses to hide behind it which ever allows ones case to be made.

For the smoking issue, like so many others of this type, I much prefer the common sense approach to today's seeming need to win and another lose!!!!!

btk
Old 03-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,600 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
If you are making a fuss about smoking outside, know that CA doesn't even allow smoking at state parks and beaches....and some cities prohibit smoking within 100 ft of the beaches and parks within the city limits. In Newport Beach, smoking is also banned on the boardwalk, public piers and within 25 feet of a playground or within 20 feet of community centers and public buildings.

It is now illegal to light up in outdoor dining areas in Los Angeles.
The Los Angeles ordinance prohibits smoking within 10 feet of outdoor dining areas and food courts and within 40 feet of food carts and mobile food trucks. Bars and 18-and-over nightclubs with outdoor areas are exempt from the law.
There are other cities in the state that also prohibit smoking in outdoor dining areas of restaurants. The smoking is prohibited for all the reasons others have discussed in previous posts.

More and more states, municipalities, will eventually enact laws that will limit areas for smoking, whether smokers like it or not. Secondhand and third hand smoke, yes, third hand smoke, impacts all around. Liquor impacts the drinker, it is ingested and does what it does, to the drinker, not people standing nearby. As for saying liquor smells, it might, but not far from where it is.

I'm not telling anyone they cannot smoke, but do hope that it is recognized that even while smoking outdoors, they may be impacting others even a bit away from the area.
Having spent a good deal of the last 22 years in Newport Beach I have welcomed these common sense laws which were enacted over the years in the interest of public health. I have become accustomed to not worrying about whether or not the air would be clean wherever I went. That is why I was literally shocked by encountering tobacco smoke so many places I went on my otherwise very pleasant stays in The Villages. I found the experience of all too frequently unexpectedly inhaling lungfuls environmental tobacco smoke not just disagreeable but rather intolerable.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.