Circulating hot water line

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2020, 09:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick demis View Post
As a retired plumbing contractor, if you are doing it for a cost savings, forget it. If you are doing it for convenience, go for it..........
If you are referring to the OP it seems it was was for convenience but not sure but the one I installed was def for convenience. Seems weird after spending anywhere from $200K to $1.6mill for a home one would by a circ pump to save $3/month on water which likely would not be saved anyway. Took us probably 4 mins to get get full hot in M/bath before the pump and literally seconds after the pump. Purely for convenience and well worth it. A totally unnecessary but worthwhile small "luxury."
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstebbins View Post
What did they charge for the installation and where did they get the power
for the pump. Area where tank and heat pump are does not have a plub. Did you have
to get electric added first. Thanks
I assume you mean PLUG. We had an outlet nearby and I "self-installed" the pump. My sister had it done and the "plumber" charged $500 IIRC including the pump and electric. If they ever sell their home I doubt the electric would pass inspection. Pump is $200 so you can figure labor from that.
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:34 AM
Gold member
Default Tankless

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I was under the impression that the circulating hot water pump can not be used in conjunction with a tankless water heater.
Mike Scott told me for my new waterless tank nothing can be done unless I want to get a new waterless tank for 3k that would fix the hot water issue. Ugh.
Closed Thread

Tags
circulating, hot, water, installed, worth

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.