Citizens First Wholesale Mortgage Co. Hosing Customers

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2015, 10:03 AM
Default Citizens First Wholesale Mortgage Co. Hosing Customers

All, be very, very aware of doing business with Citizens first Wholesale mortgage Co.! In our experience with them their licensed employees and their management provided us incorrect information, miss-represented information, would not stand by their word and made numerous mistakes on very important loan documents! Their management was very arrogant and basically just paid lip-service, and blew us off knowing we were just days before our close. They were very unprofessional and un-apologetic as they have a lock on the Villages. Also, the appraisals are very suspect, as our home was $30,000 more/reduced yet the final appraisal came in about $8,000 dollars from the actual price, yet for over a year The sale asking price was over $20,000 dollars more than the appraisal price, so if the house sold for over 20K move would the appraisal be skewed to allow the sale? Will post real documents soon!
Old 04-29-2015, 03:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Unhappy

Having been in real estate for over 30 years, what you are reporting sounds outrageous.
I'd be interested (and so would others) in learning more details.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:12 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Having been in real estate for over 30 years, what you are reporting sounds outrageous.
I'd be interested (and so would others) in learning more details.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:33 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by myslakod View Post
All, be very, very aware of doing business with Citizens first Wholesale mortgage Co.! In our experience with them their licensed employees and their management provided us incorrect information, miss-represented information, would not stand by their word and made numerous mistakes on very important loan documents! Their management was very arrogant and basically just paid lip-service, and blew us off knowing we were just days before our close. They were very unprofessional and un-apologetic as they have a lock on the Villages. Also, the appraisals are very suspect, as our home was $30,000 more/reduced yet the final appraisal came in about $8,000 dollars from the actual price, yet for over a year The sale asking price was over $20,000 dollars more than the appraisal price, so if the house sold for over 20K move would the appraisal be skewed to allow the sale? Will post real documents soon!
So what exactly happened?

Lenders do not control the appraisal any longer. All appraisals are outsourced to a 3rd party management company.

They have no motivation to NOT close your loan. The lender makes no money (in fact would only LOSE money) until and unless they close and deliver your loan to Fannie Mae.

I think there is more to this story.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default In my opinion.......

This is the OPs first post and it represents all I tried to say about negative posts with an agenda. Citizens First has no "lock on The Villages."

Is this perhaps someone who couldn't qualify for a loan or didn't get information in in time to close on time and was docked the two hundred and fifty bucks? Someone who wanted to use VA or FHA on a new home?

My Bovine Defecation detector is sounding loud and clear.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

Please do.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Beware of undocumented charges against a business!!!

The appraisal is an analysis at a moment in time taking into account "all" factors related to value. Events in the market can cause major changes in appraised values in as little as one day.
Other accusations need to be supported with facts not, wild unsupportef charges.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member

GG, I think you nailed it. I would also bet this is just like so many posters who come on with wild accusations and never come back to answer questions or explain themselves. Did the person who had something stolen from his garage answer the questions?
Old 04-29-2015, 05:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
What docs-?-- am anxiously awaiting the posting.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:05 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	50875  

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 04-29-2015, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I thought forum rules precluded bashing a business on your first post. I could be wrong...
Old 04-29-2015, 08:05 AM
Gold member

Give the OP a chance to deliver the proof before you bash them.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:05 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
....My Bovine Defecation detector is sounding loud and clear.
and Gracie has a very good detector..
Old 04-29-2015, 08:24 AM

As others have stated there is no lock on the villages concerning a mortgage. I did my financing with Merrill Lynch as I have dealt with them before. A third party appraisal firm was used and our home actually appraised for more than we paid for it. Everyone has a right to their opinion but not the facts!
Old 04-29-2015, 08:45 AM
Default Sorry.....not the right way to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
Give the OP a chance to deliver the proof before you bash them.
Kstew43: I have to disagree with your lenient position on something like this. on internet forums everywhere, whether talking with Jeep fans, sports team nuts, or food fans, the bulletin board/discussion forum rules of behavior and posting require posters to offer up their "proof" at the time they take shots at whatever they're are disgruntled with. You take the time to gather up your proof, evidence, whatever, and post it in orderly fashion with your gripe to make your case. Absent the proof, you have no case to make and become just another of the wild, ranting, anonymous internet posters. Now, if that was the poster's goal, to incite debate and stir up forum reaction to a topic they knew would be a lightning rod, then so be it. But they don't earn the privilege of being defended for those actions, in my mind.

More to the OP's points attempting to be made, several others have already stated, and I agree from our experience, that the entire property sale and mortgage closing process we went thru was well explained, with options offered and discussed. We chose Citizen's First Mortgage rather than other options we had because of specific advantages WE saw in using them - not pressure or even a sales pitch from TV Realty Reps or Citizens First Mortgage Reps. We've been thru the process more than a few times and understood timing, costs and appraisals fairly well. And as for being provided incorrect or erroneous info at any step in the process, I can't recall even one instance. Did we maybe pay a little more in certain processing fees to use Citizens First? Maybe, but we knew we were doing that and why. Our schedule was as important as the final costs involved, so even though other lenders may have shaved some dollars off the whole transaction, performance & timing were equally or more important to us, so we went with Citizens First.

I usually don't get into the argumentative type discussions on any forums I visit, but sometimes certain people's approach to using the forums just gets to me and I decide I need to say something. Oh, and I'm speaking of the OP, not you when you suggested cutting the OP some slack. That wasn't the argumentative part I was referring to.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.