Is Citrus Grove in Sumter County or Lake County?

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2021, 03:06 PM
Question Is Citrus Grove in Sumter County or Lake County?

I ask because paperwork shows it is in Sumter County but The Villages states the utilities come from Leesburg, which is in Lake County.

Confusing.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:09 PM

Sumter, electric could be SECO and gas TECO.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy@turton.us View Post
Sumter, electric could be SECO and gas TECO.
The paperwork they gave me states both electric and gas are provided by Leesburg. This is what is confusing me.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRP2TV View Post
The paperwork they gave me states both electric and gas are provided by Leesburg. This is what is confusing me.
We're in St. Catherine and we get our gas from the City of Leesburg and electricity from Duke Energy. That being said, people on the other side of St. Catherine (closer to Citrus Grove) get both their power and gas from the City of Leesburg. I would guess that your paperwork is correct.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 07-22-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
We're in St. Catherine and we get our gas from the City of Leesburg and electricity from Duke Energy. That being said, people on the other side of St. Catherine (closer to Citrus Grove) get both their power and gas from the City of Leesburg. I would guess that your paperwork is correct.
Thank you.

Do you know why Sumter County doesn't provide utilities for its own residents and why Lake County does for Sumter County residents in Citrus Grove?

Maybe there are no suppliers in Sumter County???
Old 07-22-2021, 04:38 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

I get confused when others get confused about something they can do nothing about. Now if you were being double billed I could understand. No idea why you just didn't call the Sumter county offices and ask. Seems like some folks trust absolute strangers over their county gov't.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I get confused when others get confused about something they can do nothing about. Now if you were being double billed I could understand. No idea why you just didn't call the Sumter county offices and ask. Seems like some folks trust absolute strangers over their county gov't.
Thanks for your quality and helpful post.
Old 07-22-2021, 08:12 PM

Quote:
I ask because paperwork shows it is in Sumter County but The Villages states the utilities come from Leesburg, which is in Lake County.

Confusing.
Not to worry. We are in St Catherine (Sumter County) and get both gas and electric from Leesburg. We gave them a call and set up our account, beginning on the closing date, and also signed up for electronic billing. It was easy. The Leesburg clerk we spoke to was helpful and courteous. They have also been attentive to service issues, when we had a gas dryer leak. Welcome to the neighborhood!!!

W
Old 07-22-2021, 08:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Sumter is a County and Leesburg is a City. Sumter doesn't have City that I am aware of that started their own electric Company.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-23-2021, 12:05 AM

I just started service and the utilities are in Leesburg. Citrus grove is in Sumter county near the border of Lake County. I hope we are not paying higher taxes for Lake.
Old 07-23-2021, 05:12 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,557 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:

Confusing.
Does it really matter? You have to utilize it and py for it regardless of where it comes from. If you really have to have an answer, call them.
Old 07-23-2021, 05:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,597 Times in 5,193 Posts

Here is a link for the Sumter County property records. Do a search of the address and you will know if it is in Sumter County.

Record Search : Sumter County Property Appraiser
Old 07-23-2021, 05:49 AM

Quote:

Confusing.
Here is an interesting website which describes why Leesburg used to be part of Sumter County.

History of Leesburg
Old 07-23-2021, 05:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammyarb View Post
Here is an interesting website which describes why Leesburg used to be part of Sumter County.

History of Leesburg
Thanks it was interesting to learn that leesburg used to be the Sumter County seat. I wish that it still was.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Thank you.

Do you know why Sumter County doesn't provide utilities for its own residents and why Lake County does for Sumter County residents in Citrus Grove?

Maybe there are no suppliers in Sumter County???
County lines and city lines do not determine electric and gas service. Franchise territories do. The territories are determined by the Florida Public Commission. So in your case, where there was an expansion into an area that previously did not have service, Leesburg, Duke and TECO all had the opportunity to expand their franchise agreements into that area. Citrus Grive was awarded to Leesburg Electric and Gas. Hope that helps.

DeKalb, Illinois / Twin Cities, Minnesota
Closed Thread

Tags
county, sumter, lake, confusing, leesburg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.