City Furniture

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2015, 01:52 PM

If only one of these negative experiences with City Furniture were true, it would make a person leery. Combined, they are convincing enough that I can't imagine anyone endorsing them.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:05 PM

As for myself, I would never use them just because on several occasions I was driving on Bueana Vista at 38 miles an hour, and the two trucks blow past me like I'm sitting still and whipping around cars.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:42 PM

I must say, maybe it is the salesperson you deal with that makes the difference. In June we went to the LSL store and worked with Leslie. She was wonderful. Ordered a sofa, loveseat, wall unit and carpet on Thursday, delivered 1st thing Saturday morning. There was a chance the sofa might be back ordered, but it did come with the delivery. Leslie pushed the delivery because she knew we were heading back north the following week. Everything was great, delivery people was efficient and courteous. As to trucks always coming in pairs, several friends told me they always saw 2 together. We only had one! Sorry some of you have had bad experiences, but I am very satisfied.
Also there was a 10% sale that was to start on Saturday, but the manager gave it to us on Thursday.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:10 PM
Gold member

Bought two recliners from City Furniture earlier this year.
I was very pleased with how they handled the delivery, they informed me as the pieces were enroute. What really surprised me is that the delivery men had me call their home office to tell them if I was pleased with everything!
Sorry it didn't work out the same for the OP!
Old 08-06-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buckeyes View Post
This is why many of us miss Southern Lifestyles. With all the negative reviews of City Furniture I wonder what the Morse family thinks about letting them in the Villages. So many people can't be wrong and for that I will not even walk into City Furniture. I hear Babette's has great furniture.
I can only surmise that the Morse's shut down Southern Lifestyles because the building boom in TV really is coming to an end. Once you stop building 200-300 new homes a month, the demand for furniture dries up quickly. They got out at the right time. They are just happy to be renting out the former space to anyone, and I believe City Furniture has reduced it's showroom space in SL by half. My guess is that by the end of 2016 they will be gone as well.

As for City Furniture as a company? We bought everything from CF all at once, "sight unseen" over the internet. Selection was fair at best, quality was about average, value was about average, our sale rep was very good (ex. Southern Lifestyles employee), delivery, communication and setup were about the worst I have ever experienced. But hey, it's all in place now and I won't need anything new for awhile.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
Bought two recliners from City Furniture earlier this year.
I was very pleased with how they handled the delivery, they informed me as the pieces were enroute. What really surprised me is that the delivery men had me call their home office to tell them if I was pleased with everything!
Sorry it didn't work out the same for the OP!
The reason the delivery guys had you call is because there have been so many delivery problems, that the warehouse in Miami is putting a lot of pressure on the delivery guys to buckle down and do things the right way, and one way to do that is by getting instant feedback from the customer.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavy Chips View Post
The reason the delivery guys had you call is because there have been so many delivery problems, that the warehouse in Miami is putting a lot of pressure on the delivery guys to buckle down and do things the right way, and one way to do that is by getting instant feedback from the customer.

Then CF was trying to improve service and it worked for me!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.