Classifieds Not working

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2017, 01:50 PM
Default Classifieds Not working

I can open the classifieds and see items for sale, but when I click on the item nothing happens. Any ideas ?????? It has been that way for over a week.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:05 PM
fw102807

Happens all the time. Very annoying.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:18 PM
Default Classified

Happens here too. What's up TOTV?
Old 05-25-2017, 05:18 PM
Veteran member

Someone advised me yesterday to remove the AdBlocker on my computer. I did and now it works, but all the ads that come up are a PIA. It was never an issue before. Apparently TOTV did something. I had written to them twice and they never responded. Maybe they get paid by the ad companies??? who knows...
Old 05-26-2017, 04:00 PM
Location: Born and raised in Western PA, now in Village of Lake Deaton

I am having a similar issue. When I click on an item to get the additional details, I am presented with a blank page. This has been going on since the last major update...

sort of renders the classified section useless.

Could someone from TOTV support look into this.

BTW: I am using Safari on a MacBook Pro.

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2017, 05:41 PM

I was having issues too, changed my ad blocker and now working ok. Using one called fair adblocker, google it , had to get rid of adblock plus.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:18 PM
Veteran member

sos different day
Old 05-26-2017, 08:47 PM
Location: Born and raised in Western PA, now in Village of Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by inda50 View Post
I was having issues too, changed my ad blocker and now working ok. Using one called fair adblocker, google it , had to get rid of adblock plus.
inda50:
Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

From my perspective, I don't feel that the users of this website should have to change technical components every time there is a website software update!

Therefore I shall choose to stay with my ABP until such time that they can figure out what they did to break it and implement a fix.

TOTV is a great resource and I visit it daily... but, as others have noted, when these types of things happen the value to the user community is significantly diminished.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:29 AM
Veteran member

FYI: I received an update from "admin" telling me the "problem was fixed". 2 responses ( because I'd written twice) same response...seemingly a canned response. I did write again today explaining that "I" fixed the problem by removing my Ad Blocker. This to me, as stated above, is unfair as I am now inundated with ads on every site I visit. Very cumbersome and annoying. I mentioned that this has never been the case with TOTV and perhaps they could make whatever changes were necessary to stop this from happening and restore the ease in which we enjoyed our own classifieds on TOTV. I will let you know what I get back. Hopefully they can help us.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgees View Post
inda50:
Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

From my perspective, I don't feel that the users of this website should have to change technical components every time there is a website software update!

Therefore I shall choose to stay with my ABP until such time that they can figure out what they did to break it and implement a fix.

TOTV is a great resource and I visit it daily... but, as others have noted, when these types of things happen the value to the user community is significantly diminished.
I agree I will not let TOTV manage components on my computer. ABP stays.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:15 AM

Simple solution - just turn ad blocker on or off for this site when you want to see the classifieds. Takes all of 2 seconds and 2 clicks!
Old 06-05-2017, 11:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
Simple solution - just turn ad blocker on or off for this site when you want to see the classifieds. Takes all of 2 seconds and 2 clicks!
I use Adblocker Plus, I can not open ads, I will not turn off Adblocker Plus and I think it is only fair that people who will not turn it off should be denied access to all of Talk of the Villages 100%. If the policy is good for one page it is good for all.

Tags
classifieds, ideas, week, click, open

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.