Homes Sold South of 44

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2019, 05:52 PM
Gold member
Default Homes Sold South of 44

I have heard time and time again how the area south of 44 is booming and hundreds and hundreds of homes are being sold every month.

The real place to find out how sales are in any CDD is to look at the audits that are released yearly for every CDD. This is what was in the audits for the year ending September 30, 2018 for CDD 12 which is the area south of 44.

"Village CDD No. 12 (Sumter County) – This CDD’s boundary consists of
approximately 1,483 acres within the city limits of the City of Wildwood in the in the
northeast corner of the county. Planned development includes construction of 6,144
residential units of which 4,608 remain unsold as of the end of the Fiscal Year."

If you do the calculation that means that since February 2017 when they began selling there until October 2018 (20 months) they actually sold 1536 homes.

According to the 2017 audit they had sold 206 by September 30, 2017,

Feb 2017 - Oct 2017 - 206 residential units sold south of 44
Oct 2017 - Oct 2018 - 1330 residential units sold south of 44

Those are the real numbers according to the approved audits.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
I have heard time and time again how the area south of 44 is booming and hundreds and hundreds of homes are being sold every month.

The real place to find out how sales are in any CDD is to look at the audits that are released yearly for every CDD. This is what was in the audits for the year ending September 30, 2018 for CDD 12 which is the area south of 44.

approximately 1,483 acres within the city limits of the City of Wildwood in the in the
northeast corner of the county. Planned development includes construction of 6,144
residential units of which 4,608 remain unsold as of the end of the Fiscal Year."

If you do the calculation that means that since February 2017 when they began selling there until October 2018 (20 months) they actually sold 1536 homes.

Here is what our TOTV in house realtor/advisor says about first half of 2018 new homes sales; https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...6/#post1562288 You can see for yourself that the place is booming by just driving around.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-07-2019 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Who cares! They will all be sold. When they stop selling, they will stop building. Meantime, good employment for many people.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:28 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,346 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:

Thank you.

I am not alone when I say I appreciate actual verifiable facts and not opinions.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

This would jive with data on the Sumter County Appraiser's website, which indicates the following sales in The Villages south of 44:

2017: 354
2018: 1472
2019: 218

The property appraiser tends to run a few weeks behind in recording new sales on their website.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Build baby build. If you want to see what happens at build out visit Sun City Center

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2019, 04:47 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Build baby build. If you want to see what happens at build out visit Sun City Center

Curiosity got me. What happens at build out?
Old 03-09-2019, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
The inmates take over the asylum. [emoji6]

Old 03-09-2019, 10:00 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,333 Times in 1,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
None of us will ever know.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:12 AM

By my math, that is still 6+ homes per day being sold (52 weeks times 5 days). Not bad if you think about it.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:13 AM

That math was based on the 1330 number not the 1472 number , which comes out to 7+ per day.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:38 AM
Default Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Who cares! They will all be sold. When they stop selling, they will stop building. Meantime, good employment for many people.
I agree that it will be good employment for many people. The problem I am afraid of is that TVRH is already at the max. It is harder to get an appointment at many doctors offices and getting there is more of a nightmare. I have to go up to the cancer center next to the hospital six days a week and it is taking me about 36 mins each way as opposed to 25 mins a year ago. That is 60 mins per week that I waste. Going to churches is more crowded so you have to go earlier and then you may have to stand. the new Publix on Kristine Way is getting as crowded as colony is. As I look at the rec news to find ideas for recreational clubs there are many that are filled up. Restaurants are crowded, more so than other snow bird times in past year. A realtor from the Villages said they will just start building more and more stuff. Judging by the time it has taken to build Trailwind that will help alleviate the crowd in a year or so at best. I can't see many people traveling down to Waterman hospital on an ongoing basis.
None of these mentioned is a problem for the Villages, it is a problem for us. And they are only about one fourth built, Life as we knew it in TV is going to change drastically.And where are we all going to golf?
Old 03-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,333 Times in 1,444 Posts

It really doesn't matter. In 2017 and part of 2018 they were aggressively selling new homes in Oceola and the Pines along with a few further north. Now except for the few further north if buyers want a new home all are south of 44. The number of homes sold here every week still amazes me and I don't think the developers spend a lot of money on national advertising, mostly word of mouth. A lot of these homes are being bought by those owning homes north of 44 that are choosing to live down here and we know quite a few that are already buying their second homes here. Most of the resales are from those going into their second homes.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybowron View Post
I agree that it will be good employment for many people. The problem I am afraid of is that TVRH is already at the max. It is harder to get an appointment at many doctors offices and getting there is more of a nightmare. I have to go up to the cancer center next to the hospital six days a week and it is taking me about 36 mins each way as opposed to 25 mins a year ago. That is 60 mins per week that I waste. Going to churches is more crowded so you have to go earlier and then you may have to stand. the new Publix on Kristine Way is getting as crowded as colony is. As I look at the rec news to find ideas for recreational clubs there are many that are filled up. Restaurants are crowded, more so than other snow bird times in past year. A realtor from the Villages said they will just start building more and more stuff. Judging by the time it has taken to build Trailwind that will help alleviate the crowd in a year or so at best. I can't see many people traveling down to Waterman hospital on an ongoing basis.
None of these mentioned is a problem for the Villages, it is a problem for us. And they are only about one fourth built, Life as we knew it in TV is going to change drastically.And where are we all going to golf?
Sally, The market will adjust, a rising tide lifts all ships, the business and food industries are much more aware we are here now and will be quicker to locate here, especially in this good economy.

People are NOT just moving to The Villages, they are also moving to Ocala, Fruitland Park, Wildwood, Oxford, Leesburg, and all of Lake, Sumter, and Marion Counties. Florida is now the third most populous State in the union. We are ahead of New York in population. If The Villages don't build, someone not as good will.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybowron View Post
I kinda agree although only to the point that it is busier that it used to be but, for us, it's still better than it was in the metro areas up north. We are in TV health system so getting into a care center withing a day is still happening. I recently used Urgent Care and was in an out easily. There are more health care facilities going up near Brownwood and I suspect more will show up to offload those below 44. Just takes time. Most people I talk to that came from the north still believe traffic is easier than where they left but agree it is heavier than it was a couple years ago during the season. We do 90% of our traveling inside the bubble on carts since being in a hurry for anything disappeared with schedules and deadlines when we were working. We are enjoying the excitement of growth and the new stuff that will show up as Corporations review this area against their business plans (who knows, maybe a Costco ) may show up. I also suspect that in 5 years or so those in the south will have no reason to travel north and those in the north will have no reason to travel south and the loads will even out. When we moved to Hillsborough almost 5 years ago we were chastised by friends for moving so far south....now we are in the middle. Soon, we will be in the old section

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
sold, south, cdd, audits, residential

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.